Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
So did they show anything yet or is it just the qualifier fights so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

The show is broadcast on TV in Brazil.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I can't wait until I can buy a Time Sonnen jersey.

Yeah me too, this will be my first and only MMA apparel purchase and I'll probably regret it a lot.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

tesilential posted:

Guess I'll try out Fight Pass, are the 2 fight pass exclusive events available to watch yet?

Fight Pass events are available immediately for streaming, you can even start an event from the beginning if you're late and switch to the live feed at any point.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Dias posted:

Everyone is hyped for Face Shoe (it's Shoe Face if you're translating it right, but gently caress it, Face Shoe is hilarious) but Black War Machine was a lot funnier for me. Although it loses a lot in translation, I suppose.

(no, the women coaches make no sense for anyone, it's not like they couldn't have gotten Kyra Gracie and someone else too)

Black War Machine has a hot rear end wife.

Also that BJJ/model guy is hilarious because once he starts fighting it's obvious he has a ridiculous receding hairline that is getting a major combover.

I guess Big Monster is gonna have to keep waiting for porrada :smith:

I didn't watch last week, did anything happen besides bad fights?

edit: LMAO. Holy poo poo Chael is playing Wandy like a fiddle. He's ready to coach all the guys. This owns.

Also apparently TUF: Brazil Octagon Girl contest next week in lieu of any fighting due to Wandy's tantrum.

1st AD fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Mar 17, 2014

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Anyways, are the women coaches famous at all in Brazil? I really don't get their inclusion, they don't even understand how mma works. If you wanted to use them on TUF to have new viewers relate to them, they should've done that on the first season. It's a weird and poorly executed idea.

The women are also there as a buffer between Wanderlei and Chael and specifically to get Wanderlei to calm down. Though it was pretty funny seeing the volleyball coach telling Chael to apologize and he's all, "I appreciate your input but I'm not going to do that."

I also think that while Chael was being borderline racist in some of the things that he said about Brazil (entertaining as it was), he made a real good point about not apologizing for it. "Hey man I said a bunch of poo poo and then got my rear end kicked for it. Did you see that fight? It was not a fun night for me."

1st AD fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 17, 2014

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

1st AD posted:

I guess Big Monster is gonna have to keep waiting for porrada :smith:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Yeah the subs should go at the bottom.

Also I don't need subtitles for TOUCH HIM because I can hear Chael say it pretty clearly.

Chael's fighter was so bad, he'd keep going deep on takedowns without a good setup and would end up getting outwrestled. Also I don't know what the gently caress he was thinking on the ground but he gave up his neck several times while rolling to turtle and it's only by the grace of his slightly less bad opponent that he didn't get choked out.

Also, are the octagon girl hopefuls also living in the house? :wtc:

Also it looks like 2 people get kicked off the show? Based off Dana pretending to be mad in the video conference. Including maybe Wandy :laugh:

1st AD fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Mar 24, 2014

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I can't even get FightPass to work on the Android UFC.tv app. The iOS one works just fine though.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I skipped the second season, but their production looks reeeeally good this season. Aside from the crappier video cameras used everywhere but talking heads and highlights, the show looks really close in editing and overall production to the current versions of USA TUF. Compare this to the Chinese version which has lovely looking lower thirds, bad camera work and editing that was salvaged only by Cung Le, Director, and they even used the wrong music all over the place.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Chortles posted:

Quite possibly somebody decided that they could get away with skimping more on TUF China (as a series premiere) than on TUF Brazil 3, particularly with a nominally high-profile coach/eventual-fight match-up.

TUF China is being produced by the channel it broadcasts on, but based on the look and feel of the production this season of TUF Brazil looks like it was done in-house.

I also wasn't joking, Cung Le had to literally direct the camera crew in China to do talking heads and shoot appropriate b-roll.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Wow they managed to make this situation even worse than co-ed fighters. Awesome.

I'm not sure if they are, but there's a shot of one of the dudes making out with one of those girls in the preview? Seems like even if they don't live there they'll be hanging out on the regular.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

"If I were Chael I would've immediately beaten up Wandy, but he's a coward so he let it go to let cooler heads prevail."

*wandy ducks fight*

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

origami posted:

I am catching up and have no idea who these women are. They look a bit older but I am assuming they're actually 32.

The blonde one is a retired basketball player and is 54 (pretty bangin' for a 54 year old). The other one is a volleyball coach and is 53. At first glance it didn't seem like they had any reason being there other than being stand-ins for the Brazilian woman audience that they're trying to capture, but it seems like they do a good job of being buffers for Wanderlei and Chael.

Also, no new episode tonight; it's being delayed till tomorrow at 6pm ET for some reason.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

They probably dub him for Brazilian broadcast and whoever edited the FightPass version forgot to fix it.

Also, Chael teaching Hortencia to swing dance was :allears:

...and is he NOT lying about Wandy showing up drunk? Holy poo poo lol.

Chael should've chosen heavyweights first and picked Shoeface because gently caress :stare:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Shoe faaaaaaaaaaace!

I guess this is Chael's payback for a season of completely clowning Jon Jones.

well there's a bunch of lame challenges that set up who has control of fight picks, so sooner or later chael's gonna pick up a couple of wins.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Is anyone having problems watching this tonight? Episode doesn't show up on the Roku app at all, won't start up on the iOS app, and the stream keeps crapping out on my computer.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Just watched it online. Too lazy to recap this episode, but next weeks episode is "the fight" you see a bit more footage in the preview. Chael double legs Wanderlei flawlessly after ducking a lovely hook.

Yeah I was just able to finish watching it. The middleweight fight sucked and Chael's double leg was awesome in the preview. The best part was Wanderlei tore off Chael's jersey and thought it was some huge victory or something.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Just watched it online. Too lazy to recap this episode, but next weeks episode is "the fight" you see a bit more footage in the preview. Chael double legs Wanderlei flawlessly after ducking a lovely hook.

OP, please put this in the OP as a tl;dw for anyone interested in this tia

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Whoever is translating this poo poo is p bad, there's a team Sonnen fighter who is clearly saying they sparred 15 rounds and the subs say 13.

Also, Wanderlei showed up late and drunk lol to the fight announcement.

Edit: lmao a pajama party with the octagon girls. Somebody is gonna end their marriage here.

Edit 2: :stare: Gabi Garcia is loving huge and d'arced Wandy

1st AD fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Apr 14, 2014

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I like how one of Chael's fighters rushes in immediately to break it up, meanwhile Andre Dida comes in fists flying. Also afterwards he brags about clocking Chael in the back of the head and ripping his jersey off :stare:

If Wanderlei's hand really did get fractured in that slapfight, :laugh: Especially since he basically warns Chael not to get injured or break his hand before they fight

edit: I guess this works in the USA now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo2_iY0_x3Y

1st AD fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Apr 14, 2014

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

The full scene is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=177Nz93z9lc

Is Anderson Silva the only non-retarded dude to come out of Chute Boxe? It seems like everyone there is an aggressive dick looking to start a fight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

With the amount of damage Shogun has taken at the hands of Jon Jones and Dan Henderson, I'm pretty sure he's on the fast track to Ninja-status retardation.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Anderson Silva was in poverty and Cordeiro forbade him from teaching BJJ to make money.

Also Cordeiro is a tremendous rear end in a top hat so

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Next episode there will be, apparently Dida had to sign a contract stating he'd never do anything like that again or he'd be banned from UFC events :laugh:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

lol apparently there's a Brazilian rumor going around that Chael was banging Hortencia. Even though I'm p sure Chael's wife was with him in Brazil.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Martial arts came into my life to mean discipline and respect , and it happened when I was only 8 years old when I started practicing judo . I see the Responsibility of my ' sporting heroes " who have influenced my career and therefore I always felt obliged to reciprocate being an athlete who represented the sport with the same discipline and respect they taught me when I started almost 30 years ago . The fight between Wanderlei Silva and Sonnen on TUF Brazil embarrass me. First, because MMA is not free violence, it's a fight between prepared fighters inside the octagon. That's what I do . I do not brawl, I fight. Second, there is no more space for a sport like MMA accepting this behavior when the method itself has clear rules for unsportsmanlike attitudes outside the ring . Third and most importantly , the MMA can not , ever, influence behavior where the discussion ends in brawl as if it were the appropriate behavioral model . Millions of young people are subjected to violence inside and outside the school, the television can not be driving this behavior and even less , athletes should represent any violent attitude by uncontrolled , whatever the provocation whatever. MMA fighters must urgently be aware that their behavior inside and outside of octagons can influence millions of people for good and for evil , I chose to influence for good because the MMA also chose this path . Anything outside of that has ceased to be MMA fight and it is definitely not represent me,

/

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Borrachinha got so gassed that he flopped on his face after blowing a single leg attempt :laugh:

Also, you could totally tell that Lyoto fractured his leg or foot off that checked kick, the dude winced and moved like poo poo for the rest of the fight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I bet a significant portion of those are Brasilheiras who could not resist Chael's dancing skills.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Man is it possible to score this round 9-9? Because that's how I feel, it was an awful round. Montanha gassed so hard he flopped on his back to

:stare: poo poo

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Holy poo poo, Chael smoked Wandy in the coaches challenge. Wanderlei looked slow as all gently caress and even knocked over some cones while doing the dueled jump. He is hosed in so many ways, it would take a massive Chael injury for him to win at this point.

Also Alves' knees were sick and he made sure they were all legal. I'm glad Marmota got KOd like that, the dude's talking heads have been full of the dumbest machismo poo poo ever. Dude can't even keep his hands up without tying his hand to his neck like in Million Dollar Baby.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Lmao Jollyson gassed so hard and his wrestling was garbage. The only thing he had in his favor was being taller. Also his crying about cheating despite all those eye rakes.

Also why did Wandy's staff think that was gonna go to 3 rounds? Pezão won that pretty convincingly.

Watching Andre Pederneiras' coaching on this show and knowing about his successes at Nova Uniao, I have to wonder about his fight with Pat Miletich. I mean I guess that Miletich was a better athlete plus wrestling, but it seems like everything that makes Nova Uniao a success wasn't really present during his MMA career.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Chael gave the exact same speech as he did on TUF18 about actions winning fights, but it was well received I guess.

Also that midget wrestling coach owned with his jump rope moves.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Lmao the captions

DO THE TWIZZLER!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Apparently in Brazil he's known as Fabio Brawldonado.

That is the best nickname ever, better than Face of a Shoe.

• Locked thread