Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Primary time for the 2014 elections has come, and looking through the voters pamphlet for Snohomish County I came across this little batch of crazy from one of the candidates for county executive.

quote:

The statements below are printed as submitted. The Elections Division has no editorial authority.

James Robert Deal(Prefers Democratic Party)
Other Professional Experience: Lawyer since 1978
Education: University of Washington Law School
Statement: My goals are to:

●Enact a minimum wage law modeled after Seattle’s.
●Build a fiber optic internet as Mount Vernon has done. It will be a business magnet.
●Fight coal trains. They will deposit mercury along our shoreline, ruining our fisheries.
●Rebrand Snohomish County as “The Organic County” and ban the growing of GMO crops as counties in California and Oregon have done. Our farmers will get rich.
●Stop PUD purchases of electricity from the dirty, dangerous, and expensive nuclear power plant at Hanford.
●End the spraying of Roundup on roads and streets.
●Lower the voting age in County elections to 16.
●Ban carry home plastic bags.
●Establish more bicycle routes. Cycling is a form of mass transit.
●Insure that open meetings are really open.
●Stop the adding of dental chemicals to our drinking water. This filth is the toxic waste scrubber liquor from the smokestacks of phosphate fertilizer plants. It contains lead, arsenic, mercury, cadmium, and thallium. It leaches lead from plumbing.It is a chemical company fraud like DDT, Roundup, and tetraethyl lead. It harms fetuses and infants the most. There are better ways to fight tooth
decay.

Now granted some of his positions are reasonable, but I can't take his anti-science conspiracy stance. The worst part is I was telling my dad about his positions and he seemed interested in voting for him. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

SedanChair posted:

No problem, I love it that being anti-nuclear will literally send goons into an epileptic fit.

What in my post made you think I was having epileptic fits about it, or were you just projecting your reaction to my post.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

effectual posted:

No, it just poisons the Columbia river and the fish in it we eat.

Doubt the guy will win anyway, anyone that populist on the eastside has a snowballs chance in hell.

He is running in Snohomish County which is not in Eastern Washington.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat
loving Washington state voters passing another stupid Eyeman initiative that the State Supreme Court is going to overturn. Just what the state needs, basically more of the same as every other year.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat
I live in Stanwood and it often smells like manure, especially when the Stillaguamish Valley floods.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat
So one of the Seahawks also joined in on sitting out the national anthem tonight.

Jeremy Lane apparently joins Colin Kaepernick in protest by sitting during national anthem

It was a good thing for Colin Kaepernick to protest the police shootings of unarmed black people by sitting out the national anthem and I hope more NFL players join the protest in solidarity. Maybe something would actually get done about the problem now that is affects America's NFL games.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

anthonypants posted:

Hey, so, ignoring Clinton and Stein for a second: this is objectively bad

It's a good thing "legislative terrorism"* isn't criminalized or he would be in jail right now.

* proposals from members of any level of congress that would seek to limit first-amendment rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat
There was just an amendment voted down in the US Senate today where drugs could be imported from Canada to help lower prescription drug prices and both senators from Washington decided it was better for the drug companies to continue having record profits than for sick people to be able to afford medication.

Sen. Cantwell we won't ever get well if you vote no on lower drug costs, and where were your golden tennis shoes when it came to affordable healthcare Sen. Murray?

• Locked thread