Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
And imagine it before the security caps. They finally added a mirror when my brother graduated in 2004 because high school kids would walk to the liquor aisle, drop a bottle down their pants and then walk out. It didn't do much to stop it.

The new store they built has cameras, is positioned next to a CSR desk and enough mirror coverage to see the entire 2-3 short aisles and probably still has decent shrinkage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
The best idea in a chaotic shooting situation: untrained people pulling out their guns to return fire.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Thanatosian posted:

The Stranger reports that the architect of pot legalization in Washington wants to run against Kshama Sawant for city council.

While they don't say it, it's pretty clear where The Stranger thinks this is coming from:

I'm not entirely sure I agree with the Stranger's take on her reasoning, but they are right about one thing: if Holcomb is actually looking to change things, she'd be much better off running against Sally Clark or Tim Rasmussen. But she'd probably have to fight a lot harder to win those races than she will to win the race against Sawant; as the "conservative" candidate, she's basically gonna have a blank check from the Downtown Seattle Association, and she's got the progressive cred to win over a lot of Sawant's base.

I'd absolutely back Sawant over her, but I'd totally back Holcomb over Rasmussen or Sally "The Weathervane" Clark.

And for the love of God, would somebody with a snowball's chance in hell please run against Jean Godden? It was bad enough when she was just on the city council, but now she's my city council rep, and that is untenable.

Tone arguments. :allears:

She was just Too Mean. We'd totally get behind her if she was, y'know, nicer about it.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
My brother and I used to drink out of some old root beer mason jars but that was because it would fit a can of soda with some ice perfectly. I'm sure my parents would've bought those simply for the fact we were clumsy rear end kids and spilled stuff frequently.

• Locked thread