Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pope Fabulous XXIV
Aug 15, 2012

Ardennes posted:

Granted, a lot of the democrats in Oregon are pretty typical "socially liberal, fiscally conservative" types and usually are pro-business. Charlie Hales (the Mayor of Portland) falls very much into this category, and seems mostly focused at addressing the homeless issue with batons.

Just today I passed a bus bench that was slanted so steeply that you couldn't possibly sit on it, just sort of lean against it. At this point, why even have a bus bench at all? It still had the dividing bar too. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Fabulous XXIV
Aug 15, 2012
The problem with driving in Portland isn't the traffic, necessarily. Not for me, anyway. I mean, yeah, stay off the freeways around rush hour if you can avoid it. It's that the city is a goddamn maze of narrow one-way streets and major arterials that still want to be Main Street, USA with parking on both sides. Hope you like blind corners and making unlighted left turns into oncoming traffic! Signs tend to be unreadable or nonexistent and all maps are from a slightly different parallel universe (not the same one, though). Don't miss your turn, or the Minotaur will get you! What lane should you be in? YOU DON'T KNOW THAT'S THE FUN. You'd better merge left, though, 'cause that's a parked car in front of you. Yes, in your lane. Not on the side. Just in the road, being a parked car.

Pope Fabulous XXIV fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 4, 2014

Pope Fabulous XXIV
Aug 15, 2012
What are SA's monthly dues? I'm on their mailing/calling lists now, anyway. If anyone's a member of the Portland chapter (which exists?) then I may just see you around.

Pope Fabulous XXIV
Aug 15, 2012
God loving forbid that the police do thing one to repair their broken relationship with the public they oppress serve. No, they're totes just brave public servants doing a dangerous, thankless job. :qq:

• Locked thread