Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013
Oregon and Washington are weird states. They fascinate me. :allears:

I've heard Oregon, geographically, is one of the most backwards redneck states in America. I wonder how it feels to be right wing living in a fixed blue state. Portland, though liberal, is primarily white isn't it? Oregon sounds white as gently caress.

sullat posted:

It's not just the hippies, I think Oregon has a larger than normal contingent of faith healing types. I know they keep getting dragged to court after their kids keep dying of easily preventable stuff.

Pseudo-science on the left is often overlooked. It's pretty interesting. Conservatives are associated with Young Earth Creationism and climate change denial, whereas liberals have their share of New Age medicine/mysticism, marijuana as a magic cure for ______ Disease, anti-GMO, etc.

I'm Northern Californian. One notable thing was a proposition to label GMO products. I voted "Yes." People have the right to know regardless of their harm - crazy pseudo-science paranoia aside. Any good sources on this issue, by the way? Gibberish takes up most discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013

Sloppy posted:

I think that's the best description of Oregon I've ever read.

Edit: if West Virginia was also filled with jaw-dropping natural beauty.

Shout-out to Crater Lake! Visiting it was the only time I drove up to Oregon. Spectacular park - not to mention the scenic drive on Highway 5 which I'm pretty sure passed by Volcanic National Monument on the northern edge of Cali.

I think Crater Lake is like 300 miles south of Portland, but man I need to see that city to believe it. :psyduck:

• Locked thread