Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Ardennes posted:

Oregon is sort of like dropping extra large version of Berkeley and a few college towns into West Virginia and then see how it works out.

I think that's the best description of Oregon I've ever read.

Edit: if West Virginia was also filled with jaw-dropping natural beauty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

mod sassinator posted:

Spring and summer are really the best part of the PNW. However, we need to be vigilant in keeping up the misconception that it only rains and is miserable up here--we don't want more people realizing how incredible it can be.

Fall is awesome too. And I love the rain in winter, so I guess I live where I belong. January and February do tend to drag after a bit, but hunkering down with a book and a dark beer or whiskey while it drizzles outside is the best. I won't lie though, I soaked up a lot of sun this weekend. I took the kids around the river bike path in Eugene for a few hours and they loved it, then we started our garden, then we just lay on the deck for a while and catnapped. It was glorious.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Dusseldorf posted:

Are the people in Oregon honestly that big of babies?

Not in Eugene, most cars here have CA plates.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

How many U of O students are from California, exactly?

All of them, I think. Except me.

Edit:

Oregon residents
55%

Out-of-state residents
35%

International
10%

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Anyone else vote for any third party candidates? I voted Pacific Green for US senator and representative, and the governor, but voted Democratic for the state legislature.

Hell yeah, it's the next best thing to getting to vote for Bernie Sanders.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

HPanda posted:

Hey, so I asked a similar question a while ago, but to bring it up again, anyone have any favorite seasonal ciders from the PNW? The suggestions I got for fall were good, but now it is winter.

Wildcraft is the hot new poo poo. The only cider I'll drink anymore.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

effectual posted:

It seems like everyone's already forgotten the housing bubble burst from 6 years ago, prices are skyrocketing again.

Just in time for the next crash in a year or two :v:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Burrito..chains? Every town in the country has at least one little taqueria where you can buy an amazing burrito log for like $5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

What's the best site to check road conditions? Thinking about heading up to Portland from Eugene today.

• Locked thread