Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
statim
Sep 5, 2003

Kaal posted:

Hah yeah pretty much. The sufficiency rating of the Sellwood bridge is 2. Just 2%. It's a loving deathtrap. I figure one day it'll drop to 0% and it'll burst like a pinata. Fortunately it should be replaced by the end of next year.

Went hiking past there with friend a few months ago and it looked like someone had taken a bunch of bricks and random steel bits to reinforce that thing. On plus side that new max line should be opening soon and rather wishing was still living over in Sellwood but as I hear now that NoPo's filling up there really isn't much housing stock left thats not depressing 70s+ despair and especially not west of 205 going for less then professional money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

statim
Sep 5, 2003

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

If they had kept to themselves while following the law, they would have been left alone, like so many other wacky communes spread around Oregon that never make the news. There is a full time nudist colony in rural Washington county, but most people don't know that because they otherwise abide by the laws and don't bug the neighbors. There is a Buddhist monastery in rural Columbia county, but no one is trying to drive them out because they keep to themselves without flouting local laws.

Pretty much this. For example for 3x days I stayed at the Wolf Creek Radical Faerie Sanctuary, which is a neo-pagan queer mecca and exactly as weird as that implies. This place is way down in southern very rural Oregon, 40 minutes to any town with a big box store and 3+hours from Portland. At one point I decided to walk into the little town of Wolf Creek approx 6 miles away and a car just stopped next to me and two local dudes offered me a ride into town. They were completely chill but when they found out where I was staying the only problem was them being almost overly accepting, like in a "oh that's so awesome for you!!" well meant but sort of condescending too.

Side note: That place is just something else, very cool and also hilariously bizarre.

statim fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 14, 2014

• Locked thread