Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

sullat posted:

Did selection & price get better or worse in Washington after the removal of state controls on liquor sales?

I lived right in Queen Anne when that came into effect. Everything became far more expensive; as far as selection, it was a wash – some stuff disappeared from shelves entirely, but there was also stuff I'd never seen before.

It sucked poo poo and isn't worth the easier availability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

computer parts posted:

Note that hunting actually is fairly popular; my parents are currently looking for a place in Corvallis and this was in one of the prospective houses:

oh god that poor Coug

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

more friedman units posted:

Boeing's management has gone completely crazy. They're going to wreck everything good about the company.

"going to"

effectual posted:

Haha, the seattle drill out of commission for another year (or more). I knew a tunnel would be a waste of time and money but I'm in Renton so couldn't vote against it (also the council ignored the vote anyway iirc because of their business bribes).

everyone involved in that loving piece of poo poo should be strung up and shot, dumbshit voters included

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Mostly progressive my rear end, those assholes rejected a top 1% tax explicitly marked for education funding. Our universities have been systematically gutted, public transport is being gutted, roads and bridges are left to fall apart – all by the same rich assholes who claim to value education and who rely on roads to commute. I'd be fine with them digging their own grave but the holes they make are big enough to take all of us with them.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

SyHopeful posted:

Jeez. Back in Alaska in ~2000 a gram was $25. Guess we were getting ripped off instead of just ripped.

you, specifically, were getting ripped off because that was not and by no means has ever in the bast 2 decades been a reasonable price for even the dankest of fire in AK. unless you were way out in the Bush, in which case, yeah it was around that.

I mean god drat Girdwood is built entirely on Skiing, Snowboarding, and Marijuana.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

as much as I like the cascadia flag please wait a few decades to put it up for a vote because if you do it anytime soon dipshits are going to make the 12 flag official and i'll have to self-immolate in embarrassment

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

vaccines did it

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Mike-o posted:

Thunderdome in the King Dome :rock:
Wait they blew that up, gently caress :(

so you're telling me we're beyond kingdome??

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That is the scan of the actual postcard I got in the mail. It is totally real, and totally desperate.

that mailer just makes me want legalization even more

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

oxbrain posted:

:smug:

Ah the give and take of reasonable debate.

when I was in the checkout line at the grocery store last night the guy ringing me up was talking to his coworker. he was ranting about the election and saying it was now a felony offense for his friend to use his gun if they go shooting together and making up all kinds of other batshit claims, also something about HUSSEIN obama

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

went from 60 to 15 in pullman in 2 days lmao. still way warmer than home, so at least I know how to dress for it. when the polar vortex/vortices hit milwaukee and it was -40 out I still had to walk to work and it wasn't even that bad, it's just about appropriate layering and wool socks. I'm just waiting for the snow to get here and I want it to dump hard. I unironically miss the days of 18"+ overnight accumulation and still having to drive to school, then mobbing slaloms with the e-brake around the parking lot lamp poles. also heliboarding and shralpin' the gnar :madmax:

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Nov 12, 2014

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

MrKatharsis posted:

Soooo... You're saying they're on par with your average cabbie?

I don't know, an average cabbie never threatened to not take my friend home at night unless she agreed to get drinks with him until she called the police to report being kidnapped. That's a special service only Uber (in Seattle) has provided her. Great job!

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

It would almost be sad if Coeur d'Alene didn't have racist roots. Come for the resorts, stay for the Klan presence.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

in terms of lawmaking, ineptitude:washington::maliciousness:mississippi

it's breathtaking how bad both our politicians and the general voting public are at making good decisions about anything, ever

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

you're a loving moron if you think a convention wouldn't be as hijacked as literally every other component in our legislative process. the fact you think it's even remotely possible for us to keep them ("them" being business, wall street, rich people, :airquote:zionist bankers:airquote:, or other 'elites' you have yet to really define) out of the process, which is something you've asserted over and over yet given absolutely no explanation as to how you would do so and enforce it, is a bizarre combination of blind idiocy and naivete. that you're doing so while also trying to work with some of the slimiest, sleaziest politicians in one of the slimiest, sleaziest regions in a slimy, sleazy country is further icing on your dipshit cake. and stop putting linebreaks after every goddamn clause in every
little piece of writing yo-
u type for us to re-
spond to you syntactical-
-ly challenged weirdo.

yes, let's convene a convention with absolutely no oversight and no way to set limits on its scope, and leave it open for those who already manage to push corrupt legislation through a byzantine legal structure a way to push even crazier legislation in a greatly streamlined fashion. give them extra powers to gently caress us that they can only dream of having, that'll show them! you sound like a 14 year old who just finished his first high school government class and/or has been listening to way too much dan carlin, get a grip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

seiferguy posted:

I love (read: hate) watching WA state politicians argue about how they can fund higher education without raising taxes. Mind you, the WA state government has been found of being in contempt of court for how horribly it slashed higher education from the budget (WWU's president said state funding went from covering 70% of University expenditures to 30% in the course of two years, Christ).

They did the same to WSU. 50% cut in state funding over 2 years.

• Locked thread