Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Example link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

"...the WBGA is arguing the Department is required to provide a commercial gillnet season that provides a profit level its members find acceptable."

Sounds like a nice gig.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

SeaborneClink posted:

The ongoing situation in Malheur country right now is complete poo poo. The BLM/F&W are some of the most completely corrupt gov. departments I've had the displeasure of working for/with. As much as people love to dismiss anything east of Troutdale as rednecks being rednecks, the BLM and ODFW are railroading that family, and need to be held accountable for cutting off easements and public right of ways to, well.. the public especially since they were granted continued access rights to their land.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the Hammonds being scofflaws and repeat offenders.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

I just back from looking at houses in Port Orchard. Explored the area a lot.

I'll be back in April to shop in earnest.

What did you do, dude? Explosion levels house in Port Orchard; homeowners unaccounted for

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Doccers posted:

Lovely. Here in Broomfield it doesn't seem to be a thing, but Colorado's weird that way

Another Broomfield to PNW migrant? We're in the process.

As for meth, it's not a major problem in Broomfield, but it's here: http://www.broomfieldenterprise.com/ci_21061779/two-face-drug-child-abuse-charges-broomfield-meth

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Doccers posted:

Ahh, yeah that could color your dealings just a touch.

What is it with everyone leaving Colorado all the sudden?

[edit] Ahh near old Arvada, yeah that doesn't surprise me. I'm tucked up north by 136th and Sheridan up here, very quiet for the most part.

Howdy neighbor! We're just west of you where 136th turns to Kohl. Been here 15 years. Moving to Seattle due to getting a job offer I couldn't refuse.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

computer parts posted:

No, it makes you a bad person for supporting a party that's anti-GMO.

This.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

It's 4 miles, so an hour and a quarter?

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

mod sassinator posted:

:hurr: The Space Needle is just a point of reference.. if you're there then yes you are 'in the city' and just a 20 minute walk or so to anything like Pike's Market, the library, the art museum, etc.

The whole thing, including UW, is the city. You just mean downtown. Which, as noted, is extremely close to the outskirts.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Feeling that pain. About to sell our Colorado house, for quite a bit more than we paid in 2000, but if we weren't severely downsizing when we get to Seattle this year, we couldn't possibly look at buying something again.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Kitsap?I was just in Poulsbo, a friend (who went to Kitsap HS) is moving into his Dad's old place. Nice area, if a bit remote for my own taste.

As for us, we're moving into Seattle proper. I took a job up there (corporate, not military). The downsizing is simply because we can. I'm done with the 'burbs.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

Nobody is paid "too little" at Boeing lol just lol. Even the people who push parts around max out at 50k a year after 6 years.

Wait, are we saying 50k is too high or too low?

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

New push to change racially offensive place names in Washington state

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

glowing-fish posted:

King County used to be named after America's briefest serving vice-president. Also, a terrible person. Also, probably America's first gay vice-president.

Pierce County is still named after America's worst president

Washington doesn't have a Buchanan or Harding County. We have to settle for third-worst.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

You mean the Harding that you quoted in my post?

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

There are bridges all over where the tolling is only in one direction: NYC, Philly, SF, etc.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

All of them, and they're lovely big trees now!

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

What's the 1932 income tax you're referring to? I'm familiar with the 16th amendment in the earlier part of the century, but what was passed in '32?

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Ah OK, it didn't actually go through. That's why I couldn't find anything. Thanks!

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Scalia was a defender of liberty, good job celebrating his death

We're not celebrating his death, we are celebrating the end of his lifetime appointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Or you could have looked it up and seen that Finland is 75% Christian.

beefnoodle fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 30, 2017

• Locked thread