Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

When you're saying that widespread violence against women is wrong and particularly a problem in India, let's be VERY VERY VERY CAREFUL to avoid implying that naan bread and fancy dancing is also a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I guess it's too bad then that the US can't adopt a position of cultural superiority upon which to act by working with Indian leaders on issues like codified inequality.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Walking Dad posted:

Other than that leave India the hell alone and fix the problems in your own country.

In this post, SA user "The Walking Dad" condemns the entire concept of international charity work, from giving out vaccines in India to educating women in Afghanistan.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Thundercracker posted:

Show me an instance of Western powers trying to educate a people they see as a problem, and in need of a solution that didn't turn into a complete shitshow.

The Western powers themselves are a pretty solid example of a group of countries that educated their people past the point of gang raping the village witch and incinerating her in the backyard of the police station.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

tatankatonk posted:

Pictured: Western men who have been educated out of barbarism by embracing the Western principles of Progress and Reason

Haha yeah I guess you're right, consider myself told. Welp, can't stay long to chat I'm off to the town square to rape and burn the newest widow and fight with a 7-11 clerk over her possessions.

• Locked thread