Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Chitoge won.

Onodera was the promise girl, inside the lock were letters from Raku and Onodera as children asking if their future selves still loved each other.

We're near the end, at long, long last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Against logic, reason and morality, it's still not the last chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Chapter-226?id=300579

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
That was depressing. I'm glad they didn't wimp out, but still.

PassingPie
Aug 18, 2013

Skychrono posted:

That was depressing. I'm glad they didn't wimp out, but still.

I have to say I liked the scene with Raku reading the letters addressed to their future selves. Little Onodera wondering if Raku still loves her in the future? drat, even I felt that one.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
S.S. Onodera Found on the Bottom of the Ocean; Authorities Blame Captain Kosaki's Terrible Indecision

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

S.S. Onodera Found on the Bottom of the Ocean; Authorities Blame Captain Kosaki's Terrible Indecision

"Notice me, iceberg-senpai..."

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Man, gently caress this guy. That's exactly how the story should end.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Popehoist posted:

Considering Ono-D and Chitoge also both love each other I don't see why they can't just go polygamy end.

Because that would be <pick any that apply>:

A) awesome
B) interesting
C) unique
D) creative
E) cool

so ... NOOOO! YOU WILL GET A TOTALLY GENERIC ENDING AND YOU'LL LIKE IT YOU PUSSY!!!!

Where's my Tsugumi spinoff wherein she fights assassins, ninjas, professional wrestlers, and, occasionally, must foil the best laid plans of Marika?

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

The ending (in terms of the result itself) is already less genetic than 90 percent of harem our shojo manga. Love Hina, which has better writing and wrappings, still had the generic ending, and there were no broken hearts.

This us closer to, say, Fruits Basket.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

buzmeg posted:

Where's my Tsugumi spinoff wherein she fights assassins, ninjas, professional wrestlers, and, occasionally, must foil the best laid plans of Marika?

Would read the hell out of this.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

buzmeg posted:

You could basically just redo Gunsmith Cats with Tsugumi and Paula, but with less nudity and sex.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Skychrono posted:

The ending (in terms of the result itself) is already less genetic than 90 percent of harem our shojo manga.

Man what shoujo mangas do you read?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Im watching the second season of the anime & its hilarious that the author thinks americans dont know what valentines day is.

"Wow u idiot its that day people give chocolates to each other, pssh i forgot you dont have that in america"

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Jerkface posted:

Im watching the second season of the anime & its hilarious that the author thinks americans dont know what valentines day is.

"Wow u idiot its that day people give chocolates to each other, pssh i forgot you dont have that in america"

Isn't Valentine's Day in the rest of the world an occasion for guys to give flowers to ladies?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

nielsm posted:

Isn't Valentine's Day in the rest of the world an occasion for guys to give flowers to ladies?

anyone can give something to anyone, like cards, chocolates, plushes, edible underwears, whatever. Only japan has the gender specific days. It works better if you misunderstand the gender specifics instead of acting like american people literally have never heard of valentines day.

like im sure hitman-chan would know about say... the valentines day massacre, she probably had to study it in hitman school

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's funny how in shounen romantic comedies it's not enough for the protagonist to just end up with the girl he likes; all the other girls who like him must also be satisfied with his decision and continue to pine after him in silence for all eternity.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Ytlaya posted:

It's funny how in shounen romantic comedies it's not enough for the protagonist to just end up with the girl he likes; all the other girls who like him must also be satisfied with his decision and continue to pine after him in silence for all eternity.

I bet you the epilogue of this series shows them meet up after college and Chitoge's got a ring on it, but all of the other girls are single, blush when Raku talks to them, and are internally sad.

In a sane universe this is the last chapter.

http://mangafast.online/manga/nisekoi/227

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 21, 2016

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Apparently the magazine is touting a new harem series starting a couple issues down the road. So that's our likely deadline.

Also, the series should end with Raku meeting up with Shuu five years later and discovering that he's living with the other girls in a giant polygamous sex dungeon. "Man, Raku, you really missed out. Especially with Onodera, she's a FRRRREAK."

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Angry Grimace posted:

I bet you the epilogue of this series shows them meet up after college and Chitoge's got a ring on it, but all of the other girls are single, blush when Raku talks to them, and are internally sad.

In a sane universe this is the last chapter.

http://mangafast.online/manga/nisekoi/227

Chitoge's got a ring on, but it's not from Raku. Tsugumi comes into frame, also has a ring. Raku and Onodera girls own a candy store together, but he and Kosaki still just fidget and fuss all of the time instead of actually going out, forever trapped in the hell they've each created for themselves.

e:
Also, chapters like this are always kinda weird. "I like you." "Really? I've got a lot of problems, and am not fond of my own personality. You're OK with dating literal garbage?" "Yup."

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 21, 2016

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

The entire setup reminded me of Love Hina actually, except without the entertainment level of Naru trying to escape Keitaro and without the winning girl turning out to just coincidentally be the promise girl.

I'm ambivalent if I want Nisekoi to do an arc like the post-confession arc in Love Hina though because that arc was awkward as all gently caress, but also kind of funny.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Thanks to that crossover, THIS is happening at the same time as Nisekoi.

Basically what I'm saying is watch/read My Love Story. Not only to get the taste of Naoshi Komi's revenge grudgefuck out of your mouth but to remember what good things are.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I would be shocked if someone who reads Nisekoi doesn't read My Love Story, especially since there was a crossover chapter with the characters from both series.

But on the off chance that someone here hasn't read it: read it as soon as you can because it is Good.

I'm buying the books too and it reached the end of the anime content. Soon will be new territory for me. :neckbeard:

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Time to wrap up at lightning speeeeed.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I accurately predicted the part where Chitoge leaves again for no loving reason other than mangaka are loving obsessed with that trope where after the relationship issues are settled, one of the romantic leads leaves for no real reason and then returns in the closing seconds of the series.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

In the end, we really, truly were nisekoi.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
C'mooooon final insane swerve. Raku meets a completely new girl in college and gets married. Chitoge comes home unannounced and a fully rehabilitated Marika steps out of the shower. Raku and Shuu are living happily together in San Francisco. Something! After 200 chapters of this bland paste, blow everyone's minds, Komi!

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

these feelings aren't nisekoi

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Mirage posted:

Chitoge Raku comes home unannounced and a fully rehabilitated Marika Onodera steps out of the shower. Chitoge and Onodera did love each other after all. Raku Ruri and Shuu are living happily together in San Francisco.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

So are they just not going to talk while she is gone. Can't they at least use whats app or hangouts or something

Dr. Cuddles
Jul 18, 2010
despite all reason nisekoi continues

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

loving hell, I stopped reading three months ago hoping that when I picked it up again it would be over... how is it still not over...

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jul 29, 2016

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
This and Bleach were announced to end in August, so not too much longer.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sonata Mused posted:

This and Bleach were announced to end in August, so not too much longer.

Wait, Bleach is ending? Wasn't Manga Hitler basically unbeatable? I haven't read the manga since the Arc where Ichigo recovered his powers, mind you.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Nisekoi and Bleach both have one issue more (not this upcoming one that's leaked, one more after that).

For Nisekoi - unlike, say, Toradora or Nozoki Ana, Chitoge seems to be gone for YEARS. Crazy.

Hope that works out well for her. Last time a girl disappeared for years, Raku forgot that he knew her and made a promise with her...

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm glad this is ending, now we can finally get back to Double Arts.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm glad this is ending, now we can finally get back to Double Arts.

I think every one of my posts in this thread has been about Double Arts but yeah

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

In that moment, we were all Nisekoi.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
At least we can rest soundly in the knowledge that this is all just a stupid side story to My Love Story.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

The spoilers for this chapter are out (confirmed to be last chapter) and good god:

Onodera not only loses, its shown that she's making the wedding cake for Raku and Chitoge. loving savage; she not only loses, but she has to pine for Raku for eternity while pretending to be happy that she got viciously NTR'd.

The only other person who wins is Y-san from Chiba Prefecture, who apparently is gonna hook up with Marika lmao

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Angry Grimace posted:

The spoilers for this chapter are out (confirmed to be last chapter) and good god:

Onodera not only loses, its shown that she's making the wedding cake for Raku and Chitoge. loving savage; she not only loses, but she has to pine for Raku for eternity while pretending to be happy that she got viciously NTR'd.

:sbahj:
I mean, there's tying up you character stories in a way that lets them still be around each other, and then there's this poo poo. Holy hell.

• Locked thread