Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Chapter in English (like actual English that was proofread and everything)

http://imgur.com/a/m5ijb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
It was all worth it if only just for this.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

JosephWongKS posted:

Marika's still in with a chance, then. :woop:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Angry Grimace posted:

Chapter in English (like actual English that was proofread and everything)

http://imgur.com/a/m5ijb

I don't see how his plan couldn't work.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
What a tweeest!

But seriously, this guy just does amazing faces.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Robviously posted:

I'll accept this so long as we get to see more yakuza faces.

To reiterate, 1000 chapters of nothing but faces and I'll buy every release.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Sonata Mused posted:

These. Faces. Holy. poo poo.

Also, Ruri still might be my favorite over all.

Ruri and Tsugumi are, by far, the most interesting characters because they initiate things that are completely independent of the main characters.

This manga fails mostly because Raku never does anything useful. The kid is supposed to be the heir to a big yakuza faction. The fact that he *never* does anything truly badass makes it all fall flat.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Raku was fine back when he had a personality, but sadly that was a long, long time ago.

It took Marika's patented brand of romcom insanity to make the dude amusing, and now that she's gone he has no hope.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Raku having essentially no plot arc or end-goal is also pretty lame.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlitzBlast posted:

Raku was fine back when he had a personality, but sadly that was a long, long time ago.

It took Marika's patented brand of romcom insanity to make the dude amusing, and now that she's gone he has no hope.

Marika's back in the latest chapter though.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

buzmeg posted:

Ruri and Tsugumi are, by far, the most interesting characters because they initiate things that are completely independent of the main characters.

This manga fails mostly because Raku never does anything useful. The kid is supposed to be the heir to a big yakuza faction. The fact that he *never* does anything truly badass makes it all fall flat.

If he did anything useful or badass, he wouldn't be the boring schlub that Onodera fell for, so there wouldn't be this weird tension. What it would've done, though, was increase the reasons for people like Tsugumi and Marika to like him, which I honestly think would've been more interesting than drawing out the Onodera stuff.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Well, remember Raku has totally eschewed the Yakuza stuff from the beginning and has never been a tough guy. There's a reason Chitoge calls him "beansprout."

Still, Raku supposedly has this hot-headed streak which causes him to fling himself into danger without a second thought. Unfortunately we haven't seen him actually DO this since Marika left.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mirage posted:

Well, remember Raku has totally eschewed the Yakuza stuff from the beginning and has never been a tough guy. There's a reason Chitoge calls him "beansprout."

Didn't he want to be like a civil servant (think Servant x Service) or a Salaryman? Can't remember. It all basically went to poo poo when his dad got all up in his grill and told him "Hey, there's this hot but irritable girl I want you to date, but not really. Just... keep appearances, capisce?"

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Against all odds, the newest chapter still isn't the last chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Chapter-224?id=295887

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I can't believe how little I care.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
That's because actual drama in this sucks because the characters are stupid as poo poo.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Wow, a whole chapter with ~~*Marika*~~ and everyone's still sick of it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I really thought that Marika coming back would mean that there'd be some jokes or gags or something this chapter, especially after the last chapter was so good. But goddamn is this drama poo poo just the pits. Just walls of text that I genuinely can't be bothered with.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Mirage posted:

Wow, a whole chapter with ~~*Marika*~~ and everyone's still sick of it.

A Marika chapter?? Why didn't anyone sa--

SpacePig posted:

I really thought that Marika coming back would mean that there'd be some jokes or gags or something this chapter, especially after the last chapter was so good. But goddamn is this drama poo poo just the pits. Just walls of text that I genuinely can't be bothered with.

Dammit. :negative:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't know what y'all were expecting. It's all coming to a head, now. Jokes will probably wait til after the big confession at this point.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Wall of text with janky translation aside, Marika shouting "DAMMIT CHITOGE I CONFESSED TEN TIMES A DAY AND GOT REJECTED EVERY TIME NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND GET SHOT DOWN LIKE A TROOPER YOU PUSSY" was a good use of her character.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Please let 225 be the last one.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Just end already!!!

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Mirage posted:

Wall of text with janky translation aside, Marika shouting "DAMMIT CHITOGE I CONFESSED TEN TIMES A DAY AND GOT REJECTED EVERY TIME NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND GET SHOT DOWN LIKE A TROOPER YOU PUSSY" was a good use of her character.

I appreciate this post and I regret that the chapter didn't have Marika saying this with one of her absurdly pissed off faces like back in the day

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

That part made me kind of snigger, yeah.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Marika straight-up telling Chitoge off was oddly satisfying. I just want this to end... I honestly don't care if Raku ends up with Boreodera or the Gorilla Woman... or neither. Just. loving. End already.

Also, can we have a short spin-off focusing on Shuu and Ruri after they've been going out for a while and they're incredibly happy and fulfilled with the relationship they have?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'd like a spin-off based on the Marika extra where she won.

Mostly because Raku actually seemed interesting in that one.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
If I saw both seasons of the anime, what chapter of the manga should I start out at?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

MJP posted:

If I saw both seasons of the anime, what chapter of the manga should I start out at?

Err, I might be wrong. 51 starts after S1 apparently.

EDIT: Ahh I see. S2 starts at 51, but S2 also skips a couple of chapters. So technically chapter 107 picks up after S2.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 3, 2016

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

MangaFast translation of 225 is out.

In which it finally happened! And only 222 chapters late!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This was physically painful to look at. It's just going to be another 3 months of them stuck in this stupid-rear end setup for him to actually have the cojones to send Onodera packing, isn't it? God. Dammit.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kosaki is awful and seeing her suffer makes me happy.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
I thought of this manga when I saw this recent and relevant update of Tsurezure Children:

Nowadays I find myself sticking with short story manga instead of these long, drawn-out series, and with stories like Nisekoi...I think it's a safe decision (though I'm sure there is still plenty of good in there somewhere).

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Its amazing to stop and think that the last time Raku exhibited any agency as a character was when we first met Hana like 150 chapters ago.

Watching him reanimate for just a moment to piece it together this chapter is almost cathartic.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I just want it to end already.

Please.

book
Nov 29, 2014
Please let Komi end it with a left field resolution like Raku going out with the princess just to troll everyone.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the last obstacle standing in the way of the pairing of worst boy and worst girl, finally gives way

o7

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Considering Ono-D and Chitoge also both love each other I don't see why they can't just go polygamy end.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Popehoist posted:

Considering Ono-D and Chitoge also both love each other I don't see why they can't just go polygamy end.

If that's the case, I hope Raku mentions how that's a deal-breaker because he wants to have a normal relationship. And then they both dump his rear end and start making out in front of him.

Cut to a few years later and nobody talks to Raku anymore. Not even Marika.

Also, when you wrote Ono-D, I couldn't help but to think about the dude that voices Jotaro and Frederick. :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I just started reading this series and started with the chapter where Marika gives up and heads out on a helicopter and even I think this is taking too long.

I read the magical pastry girl spinoff and Raku seems ok. He's pretty much like a Lois Lane or Mary Jane type character. Onodera seems ok too.

And that's my 2 cents on the series. I guess I'll stick around for the end.

• Locked thread