Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I'm interested in seeing how the results turn up for the next readers poll, but the last one was only 2 months ago so it's probably a fair while off.
At the rate it's going, Marika might scrape in ahead of Onodera for top spot, or at least make it very close.

Edit: I predict Yui will make it to about 4th quite easily. Just behind Chitoge but above Tsugumi and Ruri.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I hope every poll continues to have crazy dedicated fans stuff the hell out of the ballot.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

HiveCommander posted:

Just remember, even TWGOK (of all series) ended with Keima picking a girl. There's hope for the harem genre yet!

Who'd he end up with? I'm curious, but not enough to catch back up to what was apparently a rushed ending.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Cake Attack posted:

Who'd he end up with? I'm curious, but not enough to catch back up to what was apparently a rushed ending.

Spoilers, of course. Chihiro

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Onodera Kosaki is the worst and an entire episode devoted to her is therefore the worst.

At least we got this face out of it

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
That whole episode owned, even if the story itself was pretty generic.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

See if Onodera was more like her mother she would be more interesting

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
The moms are the best characters.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sonata Mused posted:

I think authors are pretty afraid of having the protag choose someone. I remember there being a giant poo poo storm over Ichigo 100% back in the day.

Ichigo 100% also did the practically never done thing of the protag choosing someone who's not the designated main heroine, which a lot of people were not happy about. I thought it was a good story choice personally, though the execution leading up to it was a bit contrived.

Nisekoi probably won't do that though and Chitoge/Onedera/status quo is the most likely result unfortunately.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

They actually did a really good job of this episode, I'm quite impressed, but that just means the bar is set high for episode 20, the Romeo and Juliet play.

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp

Super Jay Mann posted:

Onodera Kosaki is the worst and an entire episode devoted to her is therefore the worst.

At least we got this face out of it

Yeah, but hanakana

anything with hanakana is great, sooo

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Gravefront posted:

Yeah, but hanakana

anything with hanakana is great, sooo

For some odd reason I always like HanaKana characters to start with, but another character grows on me later on. Another example of this is IS, Char was a miracle of the universe but I came to like Laura more after reading the LNs (s2 helped solidify her spot as my favourite).

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hanazawa is great for certain types of characters, but I don't think Onodera is one of them. Like, I could see pretty much any other actress with similar range playing Onodera.

poo poo, Hisako Kanemoto did a pretty good job in the vomic shorts. If you want to talk about great jobs so far regarding this series, Mikako Komatsu as Tsugumi or Kana Asumi as Marika are both great AND a goddamn riot. Of course, listening to Hiyama in those precious moments when he appears to remind us who's the King after all these years. :allears:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I was a little worried at first that Kana Asumi would've gone too overboard with the role, but she's doing a drat good job of it so far.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You'd have to try really hard to go overboard with Marika.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

If she was to be hyper-genki like Nyaruko it would be overdoing it. Thankfully she only gets liek that when Marika slips back into her old speech habits, which works quite well.

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp

HiveCommander posted:

For some odd reason I always like HanaKana characters to start with, but another character grows on me later on. Another example of this is IS, Char was a miracle of the universe but I came to like Laura more after reading the LNs (s2 helped solidify her spot as my favourite).

Char will always be a miracle of the universe, no matter what happens.

That said, pretty much everyone in Nisekoi--VA-wise--is great. I'm enjoying it immensely.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Another week and once again the nameless mobsters prove to be the some of the best drat wingmen ever.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Ch-121--Younger-Brother?id=195924

It's that time again, new chapter!

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

"Teacher mode... Off!" :3:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I've been following the manga and I'm pleasantly surprised so far; is the anime worth a watch?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Shaft animated it, so it's pretty. It's a faithful adaption otherwise, so if you like the manga enough to want to watch it animated then sure why not.

Okay so we've got the shy girl, the tsundere, the easily embarrassed girl, the (awesome) comedy option, the underclassman, and now the not blood related "sister". Has Nisekoi hit the full spectrum of romantic archetypes yet?

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say no.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Okay so we've got the shy girl, the tsundere, the easily embarrassed girl, the (awesome) comedy option, the underclassman, and now the not blood related "sister". Has Nisekoi hit the full spectrum of romantic archetypes yet?

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say no.

Yandere and silent blue hair/red eyes girls off the top of my head.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

dublish posted:

silent blue hair/red eyes girls

Tsumugu, although she isn't really that silent.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

PunkBoy posted:

Tsumugu, although she isn't really that silent.

drat, forgot about her colors. Maybe we really are reaching the end of the new characters?

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Pretty awesome cameo in this week's episode.

Skychrono fucked around with this message at 07:07 on May 11, 2014

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Skychrono posted:

Pretty awesome cameo in this week's episode.

I forgot what they were talking about here because I was too busy ogling that "sandcastle".

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

ViggyNash posted:

I forgot what they were talking about here because I was too busy ogling that "sandcastle".

That windmill(?) and its physical impossibility is making me laugh far harder than it should.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Ch-122--Interview?id=196647

Mostly a filler chapter, sorta.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It was a pretty fun filler at least.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I don't think anyone reads Nisekoi for the plot anyways, so silly filler is always good.

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp
Ruri's our girl, lads!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Who cares.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

People who are reading the manga?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Onodera's mom is the best. :allears:

I read her question to the teacher in a strong Brooklyn accent, like "Eh, boyo, yous know any schools fo' polishin' up girls? Like fo' seducin' men an' stuff?"

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Finding out that the editor of Nisekoi was also the editor of Gintama explains a lot. Also Marika is his favorite character.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Allarion posted:

Finding out that the editor of Nisekoi was also the editor of Gintama explains a lot. Also Marika is his favorite character.

He has good taste

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Allarion posted:

Good taste/10

boredsatellite posted:

He has good taste

You too

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if that bastard editor still pulls any sort of mind-tricks on Komi like he did with Hiramaru Sorachi. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Wow, that was quite the episode, definitely a step up from the standard, drama-wise.

• Locked thread