Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Raku you are terrible at naming things.

Apologize to His Excellency, Hameln right now. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Shuu rules and the I Love Marika headband is gang tag/banner/whatever-its-called worthy.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Ie is like Ruri/Shuu but with power and influence.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Did nobody care about this chapter because it was a Tsugumi one? :confused:

Best part of the chapter: Marika is next!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

So what romance cliches haven't been used yet?

Raku still hasn't been magically transformed into a girl, but I dunno if the setting's wacky enough for that.

Last issue Raku dressed like a damsel in distress. :shrug:

But magical? Closest thing that could happen is Claude leaving an experimental gender-changing drug(for espionage purposes) in the middle of the room that looks like a traditional japanese sweet, Tsugumi takes it, Raku finds it and thinks its from Onodera because reasons.

... I gave this too much thought. :negative:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Okay, Ruri using the ultra rare black stone that is 10 times more potent than the arrows on Shu cracked me up. I knew the first part of that scene was going to happen, but everything else was golden.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Super Jay Mann posted:

Marika will get her time of day, don't worry. Might even win Raku's affection somehow.

And then succumb to Anime Cancer

I hate you because that is the only way it could happen. :qq: Her being so frail is the perfect setup for it.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Paracelsus posted:

Acting out aggression on you-know-who.

Shuu is gonna die, isn't he? :ohdear:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Raku finally confessed! Sort of.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Paracelsus posted:

It's not like she's going to suddenly stop being Chitoge's bodyguard.

But Marika isn't Chitoge's bodyguard. :confused:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Well that was a short and confusing chapter.

Also: Crunchyroll is picking up the next season of Nisekoi.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

New chapter is out.

I Love Annie May posted:

When will you guys ever learn that there's no plot progression to speak of in this manga? At best there's gonna be a new plot point that will be forgotten in a few weeks, like "Zawsze in love". Remember how many chapter ago that was? And how many times it has been brought back?

After reading the chapter: :lol:

e: As a bonus This chapter was voted the best chapter.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 28, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I don't know how to feel about this chapter. It seemed worse. It was will he won't he mixed with will she won't she and nothing much for 20 plus pages. A Beehive experiment would even be welcome right about now.

HiveCommander posted:

Better still; they both look into each other's eyes, Raku is about to tell her something but Onodera interupts and says "You're my best friend!"

Oh, hey, thanks for giving me a reason to want to read the next chapter. I'd love to see the chapter after that where Ruri finds out and murders Onodera.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Allarion posted:

The good news is Marika next chapter hopefully.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Today's episode was a Tachibana episode. It covered the Math Test and Raku-sama the parrot.

Welcome to Marika week. :getin:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

HiveCommander posted:

It's a shame Marika week had to end with that chapter :smith:

Wait, what do you mean?

(after reading chapter)

:dogbutton:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

HiveCommander posted:

Well after digging through the 4chan archived thread, it looks like someone found the answer:

Of course I didn't think it was anime cancer but I wasn't sure what it could have been. That sounds like the most likely scenario. That would also explain why Raku's dad was so cool with it. That or he likes messing with Raku which is also an acceptable answer.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Inflammatory posted:

your interest is not worth an innocent anime girl's life. please do not wish death upon marika.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

gently caress anime cancer.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

buzmeg posted:

Dear God, man, are you trying to kill yourself?

Any kind of RomCom or Harem like this relies on it being episodic so that you don't get hit with the concentrated turbo-denseness and want to stab the main characters.

Even established stuff that people respect like Oh My Goddess! or Kimi ni Todoke is just *painful* if you blitz it.

I'm trying to think of any "RomCom" thing that could be taken in a concentrated dose. I'm actually drawing a blank.

Not sure if many would count it, but I could see Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa/My Monster Secret as a bingeworthy series. Good pacing and actual progression while being a harem series.

e: It's also getting an anime over the summer, however, much like Nisekoi the faces really make this series shine and I would most definitely recommend the manga.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 13:05 on May 30, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Anime: Was that an anime original, or did I miss all of those magical kosaki chapters? :confused: I remember one, maybe two chapters. That aside, it was okay. Shuu owns, but we already knew that.

Manga: I want to say "No Marika. :colbert:" and be done with it, but seeing both Kosaki and Chitoge talking about what pretty much can be described as a failed year was pretty :smith:.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Actually, since the bonbon chapter happened, I'm not sure why I didn't expect the same thing to happen.

Poor Paula looking like a mix of :geno: and :stare:.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Chitoge moves up in rank for Best Girl for taking Raku to a cat cafe. :3:

Marika>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tsugumi>>>>Chitoge>Ruri=Shuu>>a bag of rocks>fortune teller old lady>>Raku-sama the parrot's impression of Marika>>>Onodera

e: The anime this week covered Shuu's crush on his teacher. :smith:

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 13, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Good. He finally admits his love for Marika and his saying no was just excuses. Ignore all other feelings.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Marika>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tsugumi>Shuu>>>Chitoge>Ruri>>a bag of rocks>fortune teller old lady>>Raku-sama the parrot's impression of Marika>>>Onodera

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Waiting for a Marika amiibo.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:worship:

Well, guess this next arc is Marika or everyone getting Yui to stick around? I guess instead of FalseLove we will have FalseMarriageProposal and the role of Claude will be filled by Ie.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

I don't even know what the gently caress to say about the fact that Yui is the first person to do loving anything in this entire series.

Third. :catstare:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Super Jay Mann posted:

I am enjoying the illusion of progress and eagerly await the method by which Komi bluntly enforces the status quo for another 50 chapters.

:suicide:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

HiveCommander posted:

Like Komi if he does that to Y-san

I fear for Komi. :ohdear:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:sympathy:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

For a second I was worried about Komi.

Seeing this reply, I'm worried about reading it tonight. :ohdear:

e:

After reading...

BlitzBlast posted:

Unless this turns out to be Chitoge's Mom mkII (which would honestly be kind of lame), I'm not seeing a viable out for this that wouldn't come across as kind of pathetic.

Yeah, this pretty much sums it up well.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 23, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Best part: Give No Fucks Marika

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

At this point I'm starting to think this might be an even more complicated Marika plan than usual. Which would be funny, but also kind of pointless?

I'm all in for Raku-sama the parrot part 2: marriage edition.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Honda explained the details of anime cancer to Tsugumi.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Wark Say posted:

Oh, come on! Was it lovely parents month over at WSJ or what?

Nisekoi isn't WSJ, is it? If so I never knew. Also if so, was there more than Tachibana and Nakiri?

Also Raku was hit with a two pronged attack: why should you care and why should I care?.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Sep 19, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Post delivers.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

He looks like Raku of course.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Tsugumi laying down facts.

Ruri is the mvp of this arc.

And:

BlitzBlast posted:

I don't think you get romantic comedy harem manga.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Next to go down will be Tsugumi.

Then it'll be a long arc with Kosaki vs Chitoge which will end with Raku finally choosing Minidera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

JosephWongKS posted:

Mamadera for the true swerve ending.

:worship:

Overlord K posted:

You didn't know? All of us are Y-san from Chiba Prefecture.

Oh poo poo, I forgot about that guy. If he's still alive :stare: I hope he isn't sending thousands of death threats to Komi. :ohdear:

• Locked thread