Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

ViggyNash posted:

How many different girls are supposed to show up anyway? The show's only had two this whole time, and there's not many episodes left.

Three including bodyguard girl. We also have M girl showing up, and the anime us adding a new girl a librarian girl I believe.

Speaking of "main character," I'm the Japanese character polls Ondera is first, M is second, and Chitoge is third. Bodyguard is fourth I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Tarezax posted:

Oh god, chapter 115 of the manga hit me out of nowhere and now I'm in tears. A filler chapter from a silly harem manga isn't supposed to do this goddamnit :smith:

Further cementing the best characters in the manga.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

TWGOK was actually pretty unique. Nisekoi is... not.

It ended?! Time to catch up...

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Pretty awesome cameo in this week's episode.

Skychrono fucked around with this message at 07:07 on May 11, 2014

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

My wife likes to end every night watching something happy, a palette cleanser from whatever drama/action thing we may've watched. Nisekoi is perfect for that - generic in ways, but with fun characters and scenarios.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

HiveCommander posted:

Hey look, I found a thing! Semi spoilers with chapter descriptions but it's an overview of the manga and what the anime hasn't covered, for anyone that's only watched the anime and doesn't know where to pick up the manga from.

/

Good find!

Any confirmation of where the ova episodes would come from? Or when?

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

I guess that I shouldn't be surprised that Onodera's dream is being subservient to Raku forever. Christ.

Well, he's the one cooking... So there's that, I guess.

Kinda seems like this could be where the story branches into a visual novel or a Archie Marries Veronica/Betty thing.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Popehoist posted:

What really drives me apeshit about this series is that the harem was already solved in chapter 8.

I presume the follow up is a panel with a silly face saying "JUST KIDDING! :P:P:P" and Ruri hitting Shu?

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Super Jay Mann posted:

The anime discs sold modestly (roughly ~6Kish average), but manga sales shot up like a rocket. From 1.5 million total volumes in 2013 to almost 2.5 million in the first half of 2014. The anime absolutely did its job and then some.

Wow, good for them.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Irisize posted:

Yeah... We've only had a couple, so I'm giving her some leeway, but Yui seems to be just as boring without anybody else to bounce off of as Onodera.

Her chapters are better because Raku reacts in fun ways at least. Yui doesn't do much alone.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Huh, are you reading a chapter two weeks early? There was no chapter for the week of December 29, as it's a holiday, according to shonen jump online. I know we normally get them one week ahead, but not two.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

buzmeg posted:

Ruri is still the best character and has far more martial arts potential than any of the other characters. I mean, come on, just look at that eye hand coordination and grip strength.

The only place left to go is full Love Hina, where the second half slowly becomes a fighting manga. Then the next manga will be about a young school teacher with a fake relationship to 30 students. Then his grandson...

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Inflammatory posted:

i think you meant to say negima.

I meant love hina, but I'm way overstating how much fighting was in the second half (with the Monkey King play, cursed sword, and fighting with the archeology guy). But negima morphs way faster, true.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Vol-008-Ch-000--Vol-008-Extras--Magical-Patisserie-Kosaki-chan?id=208821

Why didn't anyone tell me there was an Kosaki-chan magical girl spinoff?!

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

pentyne posted:

There's never been any indication of "romance" between Claude and her. He is almost literally her young-ish uncle who does not trust Raku's family in any capacity and still thinks there's some grand plan to destabilize the Beehive gang by tricking Chitoge.

I think he's a bit creepier in the anime, to be fair.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

HiveCommander posted:

OVA is out, with al lthe fanservice we've come to expect from Shaft.
Can't say that Haru's voice feels like a good match for her, but Fuu-chan and Paula's VAs are good.

Oh, wow, that's the third OVA. Looks like they are...

1. Loss / Shrine Maiden
2. Change / Work
3. Bath House / Service

Not sure what's in them by their names, except that Shrine Maiden is probably the first time the girls were convinced of a love spell by a priestess (no arrows yet) and the Work episode is Marika's job?

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Alright, I'm going to write some fanfiction now.

You know what'd be really, really interesting? If the next chapter has a giant swerve... where they admit their feelings for each other and kiss. The last page is Chitoge at dinner with her mom saying something like "I wonder if I should tell my mom that I really do love Raku..."

Cut to a second False Love - Raku is dating Onodera but doubling down on faking his love with Chitoge to hide the fact/guilt, which makes Chitoge even happier and spirals out of control. Then someone realizes that Onodera doesn't have her key anymore because they forgot about finding it and everything falls apart.

Then it goes all School Days and Chitoge kills Raku and Onodera and sails away.

Nevermind, maybe I don't want that.

Skychrono fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 18, 2015

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Yeah, since her arc is kinda finished, I imagine the ending will have to be "I realized I love Chitoge and I loved the idea of Onodera" and then Onodera is sad. :smith:

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I hope we get multiple endings, just like the Archie Marries Bettie, Archie Marries Veronica, Archie Marries Josie (of the Pussycats) series. Multiple endings! Then a bad ending. Then a Clue ending where everything fits neatly together and Shu was the killer. Than the ending of Ranma 1/2.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Irisize posted:

Man, the series has lost so much life since it started this "Kick everyone out of contention" phase.

It's had some good stories anyway. The Marika one was great, and I enjoyed the blush factor of Onodera's Christmas date with Raku.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Sometimes I hope we get Clue or Married Life With Archie-style endings before the real one.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Super Jay Mann posted:

We kind of already did with all the omake chapters featuring Raku and [insert girl here] being happily married in a dream sequence.

Not coincidentally, the only main girl we didn't get one of these for was Chitoge.

Oh, I haven't seen those... I guess they're not part of the official SJ release. Bummer.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

buzmeg posted:

Meh.

Given that the only characters I care about are Ruri and Tsugumi my reaction is unsurprising.

I just don't want them to rush it. End anytime, but end well.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'm betting on "finds out who The One is, picks the other one."

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Only one issue left? Crazy.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

Well, here's your potato quality answer to the promise girl's identity: http://mangafast.online/manga/nisekoi/221/1

It's Onodera. The funny part is that it almost assuredly means he's gonna pick Chitoge.

Consider it a consolation prize, shippers. :smith:

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

People seem to hate her here for some reason, but she's had development. Not a ton, but a reasonable amount for anime standards. She became less shy in this year, and without knowing she had competition she didn't really have any reason to try to hurry.

Thematically its probably the main girl but it's not like there haven't been a ton of scenes about the relationship between the other two.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Maybe Yui will explain why half of them forgot but half remember it perfectly.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Great chapter, great faces!

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

That was depressing. I'm glad they didn't wimp out, but still.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

S.S. Onodera Found on the Bottom of the Ocean; Authorities Blame Captain Kosaki's Terrible Indecision

"Notice me, iceberg-senpai..."

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

The ending (in terms of the result itself) is already less genetic than 90 percent of harem our shojo manga. Love Hina, which has better writing and wrappings, still had the generic ending, and there were no broken hearts.

This us closer to, say, Fruits Basket.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Nisekoi and Bleach both have one issue more (not this upcoming one that's leaked, one more after that).

For Nisekoi - unlike, say, Toradora or Nozoki Ana, Chitoge seems to be gone for YEARS. Crazy.

Hope that works out well for her. Last time a girl disappeared for years, Raku forgot that he knew her and made a promise with her...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

There is a short list of manga/anime where the not-main hero/ine wins, but it's probably the most spoilery list of all time.

• Locked thread