Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I've been following the manga and I'm pleasantly surprised so far; is the anime worth a watch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
New Chapter

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
New chapter up

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I think killing Marika off would be a bit too dark for this manga's tone.

Making her have emergency surgery and have her mum donating an organ, though... Or chitoge. :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Toph Bei Fong posted:

The ending of School Rumble features Karasuma losing his memory forever, shortly after Tenma finally confesses her love to him. It turns out the reason he was ignoring her the whole series is that he knew he had a degenerative brain disease that would result in permanent amnesia, and he didn't want her to be hurt. She ends the series wanting to become a doctor specializing in memory related disorders, in the hopes of one day getting his memory back. Which, considering it'd been a pretty goofy series overall, is a big punch to the gut to end on.

Bloody hell.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
New chapter up.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

pentyne posted:

That is some age gap between the bride and groom. Like 1300s age gap standard.

Oh, Chapter out in case anyone is still reading.

/edit: Fastball special spotted.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 23, 2015

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Angry Grimace posted:

No, that's Onodera losing.

Pretty much this.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
It was all worth it if only just for this.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Mirage posted:

Chitoge Raku comes home unannounced and a fully rehabilitated Marika Onodera steps out of the shower. Chitoge and Onodera did love each other after all. Raku Ruri and Shuu are living happily together in San Francisco.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
What the gently caress is up with Japanese couples "dating" for literal years before kissing? Is this just a manga thing or an actual cultural one (albeit exaggerated for manga)?

Because from what I've seen, a lot of the times you see someone "getting confessed to", it's people who know jack poo poo about each other or someone confessing because the other person is pretty or popular, so it sounds more like a... proposal of courtship? If that makes any sense.

Also:

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

A fitting end to this series. At least I got Shuu/Ruri out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Angry Grimace posted:

It's because seeing your wife for 3 hours a year is a sign of true love in Nisekoi. See also, Raku's mom, Chitoge's mom, Marika's mom. We don't really know anything about Onodera's father, but he's never seen on panel once despite going to Onodera's house several times.

At least he's living with them. I guess Chitoge's mum has an excuse for being abroad, but Raku's is all "gently caress my family, I need to be in another whole continent to write".

Clarste posted:

Also depends on the target demographic. Shounen is relatively "pure", but if this were aimed at girls they'd probably have had sex by chapter 30. And the story would keep going with them cheating on each other and then making up or whatever.
That's another thing; they apparently go from not knowing each other to "dating" for a year before kissing and loving on the same night.

Pace yourselves, kids.

• Locked thread