Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's kinda sad that for all of its faults, Love Hina still ended with the main character picking someone. Many harem series have been created in its wake, and very few of them have made the same decision. I do not think Nisekoi is going to change this trend. Then again, that kinda makes sense. With Love Hina you had two college-age people getting married at the end. It makes realistic sense for high schoolers being unable to make that big of a decision. Yet on the other hand, if I was reading Nisekoi for realism...:downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

OneDeadman posted:

Or like the one dude doing Prison School.

I dunno, is that really what's going on? Dude makes a funny series, and I'd wager he's more at the point where figuring out bizarre new ways to toe the age rating line is a game at this point.

Let's just hope his gambling streak never fails him. Good lord I haven't laughed that at a manga in forever.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
At this point, I want a shift in the story. Everyone who can confess how he/she feels, stay in the fight and continue to try and win whoever over. Everyone else get out of the way. I'm basically saying just make this a Marika manga if poo poo doesn't change in the next ten chapters.

Yes, this looks like progression but it could really just be a reboot of the setting. "Now they're in school together...FOR REALSIES."

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Ch-159--Good-Idea?id=221387

So...sorta progression, sorta scenery change. I'll take it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Inflammatory posted:

your interest is not worth an innocent anime girl's life. please do not wish death upon marika.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That sounds awesome though. Go for the School Rumble ending, Nisekoi. It'd be a memorable train wreck.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I didn't hate her at all, but I'm glad her story has been resolved. Let's wrap this poo poo up; time for a last second sweve and victory for Onodera's sister.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

book posted:

It's entirely the author's fault for not giving Onodera any character development. Even if she's just a plot device, throw her a bone, Komi.

not in this manga

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tsugumi is the one girl whose fascination with Raku irks me. She could do so much better, jesus

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

buzmeg posted:

Raku is practically the only character who actually treats her like a girl and, in addition, his actions occur *on camera*.

So, I would argue that Tsumgumi's fascination actually makes more sense than most of the harem.

Yeah, I guess it really comes down to nobody really treats her that way.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I feel like this might have some bigger repercussions than just that, though.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Something will happen, dramabombs will be dropped, but I imagine at least two more mini-arcs that deal with the aftermath of this excursion.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Welp, everything's out in the open now. Literally only one thing left to do. Watch it take 10 more chapters.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Chapter-220?id=275624

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There's a new chapter out there on the interwebs. Some place called "mangafast" got the chapter done first. While I can't say one way or another how accurate the translation is, there are some stunning revelations in the latest chapter.

Mind blowing stuff you couldn't have seen coming. My face right now:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't know what y'all were expecting. It's all coming to a head, now. Jokes will probably wait til after the big confession at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hahahaha hahahaha, put a bow on it. Magnificent.

• Locked thread