Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Wark Say posted:

You know, despite the fact that this comic feels generic as gently caress, I am really, really, really, REALLY hoping that the author throws a curveball to us and that Raku won't end up with Chitoge, as obvious as it looks.

Also, calling it now: If there's a proper second season, the new girl is gonna be voiced by either Yui Horie or Yukari Tamura (hopefully without needing to resort to that shrill banshee impersonation she does when trying to sound youthful).

I think a Haru ending is the only non-Chitoge ending possible, because a Haru ending is the "to hell with genre conventions" ending. She's a tertiary character, she was one of the last ones introduced, she's the only character not tied to the past plot, she's tied really strongly to her sister... But she's also the character where the story's spent the most time pointing out their compatibility, and her lack of a personal tie to the whole key thing makes her choosing her a declaration of "let's move past the promise, whatever it was."

Her having that chance is totally reliant on the story pulling a thematic curve ball after over a hundred chapters of playing every single convention straight, though. So unless this is all some building masterstroke, it's not bloody likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

jackofarcades posted:

I'm rooting so hard for Minidera, really.

Ruri is pretty great but I don't think anyone can argue that Fuu isn't the superior troll supporter. She's just so happy about it!

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

Nah, this isn't another harem member, this is just the set-up for a Chitoge arc. It's been a while since we've had one of those.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

Wait, seriously, we have to justify "unwilling arranged marriages are messed up" in 2015? Especially when her mother's explicit reasoning is, "If I had to put up with this poo poo, she does too"?

Come on, people.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

Raku came in prepared to maybe argue with someone who had a different idea of what was good for Marika. He came in utterly unequipped to argue with someone who just does not give a poo poo about her, because "you should love and cherish your family" is an axiom. Arguing axioms requires you to basically work your way through all of their other axioms to try to find a contradiction, and that's assuming that they' won't ignore your argument out of spite. Marika's mother seems pretty spiteful!

I'm not sure what you guys are expecting; at this point, their goal is less "convince Marika's mother" and more "make the opinion of Marika's mother irrelevant," because argument can't do the job. If they should be arguing with anyone, it's the ninja.

• Locked thread