Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The only nice thing I can say is that at least Shaft and Shinbo will make Nisekoi a beautiful looking boring mess that goes nowhere.

Seriously though I'm convinced Nisekoi was written as a Springtime for Hitler scam to get back at WSJ for axing Double Arts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I know it ain't gonna happen but I just want this to go all Trost for the main cast because, even if she's just a horrid individual who's existed for all of two chapters and has spent them being the worst sort of person, Marika's mother has a far more established plot line than any other character in this mess of a comic.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Oh, come on! Was it lovely parents month over at WSJ or what?

I'm being dumb, who was the other bad parent?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
And of course we have "Character learns conflict changing secret on camera but fun if the Audience is allowed to know!" because that's not how we get our stupid twist just as the MC does something that even comes close to "Doing anything".

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
See a better manga would have had him busting the doors down with the entire Shuei-Gum at his back there and it'd be like Strong World but such a scene is for a world where Double Arts didn't get cancelled, I guess.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
All that and it isn't even fatal.

Yeah, it's not worth the money to keep up with Food Wars and Hero Academia if I have to deal with poo poo like this and Bleach every Monday.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Nov 15, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It'd be real hilarious if Naoshi Komi has HxH tenure and decides to drag it out for all its worth.

Yep, real fuckin' hilarious.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Shere posted:

It reminds me of the Love Hina manga being exactly the opposite. Escalating in ridiculous ways as it reached its forgone conclusion instead of... driving nails in the coffin? Kind of what this feels like.

Ken isn't trying to milk a broken system for all its worth.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Skychrono posted:

I just don't want them to rush it. End anytime, but end well.

That horse has long bolted.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Apr 17, 2016

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Mikl posted:

What are the chances that Komi's next manga will be a battle manga? Double Arts was p.good, it'd be cool if we got something like that.

You mean this whole thing hasn't been a Springtime For Hitler gambit?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Thanks to that crossover, THIS is happening at the same time as Nisekoi.

Basically what I'm saying is watch/read My Love Story. Not only to get the taste of Naoshi Komi's revenge grudgefuck out of your mouth but to remember what good things are.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
At least we can rest soundly in the knowledge that this is all just a stupid side story to My Love Story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Tae posted:

I never understood so many people following years of a manga they hate

It's in the anthology and I have to wade through it if I want to get to MHA.

Ytlaya posted:

Every time I see Onodera in this thread i think of Punpun. Maybe Punpun actually takes place in the Nisekoi universe and his mom is Onodera.
Naw, Pun Pun's ... a thing ... but I can't abide the thought of two horrible stories (albeit one that's deliberately about awful poo poo as opposed to Nisekoi) taking place in the same universe that allows Takeo Gōda to be.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Aug 8, 2016

• Locked thread