Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

HiveCommander posted:

Why is the anime so drat amusing?

SHAFT and the best faces as source material?

(I don't care that it was probably a rhetorical question)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

booksnake
May 4, 2009

HiveCommander posted:

Pretty obvious really Yui is the promised girl, is what I can gather. It does explain why Marika was so mortified when she made an appearance, because Marika remembers that Yui is the promised girl, too.

Well, I have my doubts about this, because I feel like Marika's reaction was explained in this chapter (Yui constantly embarrassing her) but if it were to be the case...

I wouldn't call it the worst plot development, because this whole promised girl thing is ridiculous anyway so it's not like we're hitting a new low, but if Raku still picked Yui as promised girl over Chitoge, who has had the most straight up -romantic- development, or Onodera, who is the most normal of the key girls, and yes, or Marika, who apparently has been in love for like a decade and is considerably more interesting than her cliche role would normally imply, it'd be extremely unbelievable.

...although, having Einander bring it up, the thought of Haru ending is actually kind of amusing. Breaking away from all this baggage to go make desserts together.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

Holy poo poo, Ruri just keeps getting better and better.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

I would watch Meowsville goes to New York.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

Sonata Mused posted:

Honestly, he should go for Chitoge-mom or Dere-mom. Both top tier.

I was going to say that both of them are clearly too good for Raku but you're right because they would both be able to shoot him down mercilessly and that would be hilarious

booksnake
May 4, 2009

SpacePig posted:

For some reason, I honestly can't see this manga pulling off this type of shift. The thing is that we've already had the "awkward date" chapters with both of the remaining girls, with Chitoge being close enough to Raku that they might as well be dating anyway. Unless they start turning to a full-on gag manga with incidental romance like JWWW, I can't imagine mining these characters for much more than they've already given.

The quality of dumb facial expressions in this manga is pretty high even if it's not JWWW level so this wouldn't really be a bad idea imo

booksnake
May 4, 2009

Mirage posted:

Wall of text with janky translation aside, Marika shouting "DAMMIT CHITOGE I CONFESSED TEN TIMES A DAY AND GOT REJECTED EVERY TIME NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND GET SHOT DOWN LIKE A TROOPER YOU PUSSY" was a good use of her character.

I appreciate this post and I regret that the chapter didn't have Marika saying this with one of her absurdly pissed off faces like back in the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

booksnake
May 4, 2009

Admittedly, it's funnier to think of Onodera being dunked on relentlessly as comeuppance for never doing aaaaaaanything, but I'm gonna second this

Terper posted:

Uh, I think you guys are just being weird/projecting. She's a baker. She bakes cakes. She bakes a wedding cake for one of her best friends' wedding. It doesn't have to be more than that, cripes.

because I think it's more intended that you just assume characters get over it and are supposed to exist on their own instead of being accessories to some other fucker forever.

Partly because it makes me feel better because Marika deserves the best, I know you guys agree with me there already

• Locked thread