Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madmac
Jun 22, 2010

quote:

Hayate's loving comiket namek arc was seriously drawn out as hell. That's pretty much my complaint with the series. Nisekoi is less funny but I still chuckle at the silly antics and the faces. And Marika chapter is the best chapter every time

At least the arc ended well. Eventually. That was some herculean stalling, though. I still like Hayate a lot but ever since the first serious arc it's been half funny/half serious and I get that doesn't work for everyone. I still dig it so whatever.

Nisekoi I dunno. I kept with it for about six episodes. I can handle zero plot movement and Shaft is still the Shaftiest but the characters weren't doing it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

Bloody hell.

Lets not forget to mention that the male lead Harima takes it so hard that he basically distances himself from all his old classmates and falls back into the thug life, refusing to hook up with anyone and undoing almost all his character development over the course of the series.

The School Rumble ending is unmatched for retroactively destroying a fun Rom Com to the point that it's not really even possible to go back and enjoy the early parts anymore. The ending literally killed the franchise and associated fandom.

On topic, uh, I only started reading Nisekoi when I subscribed to Viz jump a couple months ago and watched like 5 episodes of the first season, I'm pretty much a detached casual reader with no emotional investment, but things sure seem like they're heading towards an ending to me.

madmac fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 3, 2015

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
"Beep Boop What is love" is always a winning play in Romcom manga, it is known.

The only time the openly-in-love girl works out is if the MC is totally retarded about it, so either way, robots. Robots all the way down.

Well if it helps at least Marika's exit got more of an arc than anyone else who isn't in the final pair is likely to get.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

TheFlyingLlama posted:

man if they manage to completely write out minidera I'm going to be so frustrated

to be entirely honest I'm not even sure why I'm still reading this but w/e

I mean, it's almost over anyway and I'm only reading it as part of Viz's jump sub so no reason not to ride it out at this point.

I was never actually a fan of Nisekoi though, so y'know whatever.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Shere posted:

It reminds me of the Love Hina manga being exactly the opposite. Escalating in ridiculous ways as it reached its forgone conclusion instead of... driving nails in the coffin? Kind of what this feels like.

TBH the normal thing is trying to end your story in a big flashy way.

Slowly eliminating love interests one at a time like they're on a hit list is...weird. I can't think of any other Rom Coms offhand that went this route.

• Locked thread