Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I don't really care for the story much, but Shaft and Shinbo make every episode a pretty entertaining watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
How many different girls are supposed to show up anyway? The show's only had two this whole time, and there's not many episodes left.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Happiness posted:

The show is only half way over, so.

Wait, is this 25 episodes? Did they pre-plan another season? I just assumed it was 1 cour, and that's what ANN has as well.

e: Oh, ok. I was just looking at the main page for the show, not the news. 20 episodes is an odd number though.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 16, 2014

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

The shaft head tilt is great.

There had better be at least one in every SHAFT show till the end of time.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

I was more amused by Raku's utter confusion at SHAFT Architecture™

It's completely different in the manga, isn't it?

e: Just took a look in the manga, and that's a pretty normal looking school compared to the SHAFT version. I like to think that they've spent so much time with the abstractness of -monogatari that they've forgotten how to draw things normally.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Goddamn, the faces this episode. Anyone who's watching the show and has read the manga, are the faces anywhere near as ridiculous as in the show?

Also, is the new girl this Marika everyone was talking about?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
This episode stepped it up so much that I almost feel like I'm watching a different show entirely.

I think I know why you guys like Marika now.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Honestly, I don't like Marika as much as you guys are assuming, but what I really like about her character is how she changes the dynamic of the whole cast. Her appearance made everything feel fresh and new despite having mostly the same elements. The one thing I do love about her personally is she knows exactly how to rile up a shitstorm, and it owns.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I'm just glad everyone knows the situation now. It would have really annoyed me if he never bothered to tell them.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
That whole episode owned, even if the story itself was pretty generic.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Skychrono posted:

Pretty awesome cameo in this week's episode.

I forgot what they were talking about here because I was too busy ogling that "sandcastle".

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Wow, that was quite the episode, definitely a step up from the standard, drama-wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

NTRKouhai posted:

The fact that I'm still reading this generic harem upsets me.

Its a generic harem rom com, but it never pretends to be otherwise and goes whole hog in every way it can. Ill take it.

• Locked thread