Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

ViggyNash posted:

I don't really care for the story much, but Shaft and Shinbo make every episode a pretty entertaining watch.

This is where I am with this, too. There is no endgame for this, it can't possibly have a resolution, let alone a satisfying and conclusive one. We've been here before a million times and a million times more it shall be. It's visually fun, and sometimes a bit funny. Good enough fluff to carry me to the spring season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

Wark Say posted:

You know, despite the fact that this comic feels generic as gently caress, I am really, really, really, REALLY hoping that the author throws a curveball to us and that Raku won't end up with Chitoge, as obvious as it looks.

I would be honestly, completely, absolutely shocked if this ever had an ending where he winds up with anyone. Most of these things just wind up with a complete non-ending where the status quo is not only maintained, but reinforced.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

I just read through all this over the last couple days and I'm not sure why, really. I kind of hate all the cliche anime garbage it throws at me. But the art is nice and I'm rooting for Onodera I guess so ???

edit: I think at least some of it is residual sadness that Double Arts got canned, still.

I am in the same boat as you, I don't even mind the cliches, it's the sense of "this will never end on a satisfactory note" that looms overhead that bothers me. For some reason, I find this enjoyable. Mostly because I always know what I'm going to get! It's like a palate cleanser between stuff that takes itself 200% seriously.

Also, hey gently caress you for reminding me of Double Arts.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

Compendium posted:

I hope that when this series is done, the artist can work on something a bit more substantial than a harem comedy. The artist is really able to stretch their style with all these great expressions.

You should read Double Arts. Oh wait.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

The Sandman posted:

If they uncancelled Mx0, I would almost be willing to forgive them for cancelling it in the first place.

Eugh, don't remind me. At least Double Arts ended on an upbeat, if all-too-sudden note. The 'ending' to Mx0 just reeks of crippling hopelessness, like the author was told it was being canned and just gave the gently caress up.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

I'm just now catching up on the manga and I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at a comic as I did when Marika rolls up with a sculpted chocolate statue on valentines day. Raku's face is just perfect.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

Not gonna be surprised if Chitoge somehow has trouble getting away from the bodyguards. Or princess doesn't want to go back now.

Soylentbits posted:

She'll probably be engaged to someone who looks like Raku.

This loving manga writes itself, god damnit.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

Huh, I wonder how far they'll go. Chapter 100, maybe?

If they do like they did before and pick from like 50 chapters of stuff, they'll probably end with the Amnesia arc? Regardless of what they do it'll be a non-ending of course. I'm completely fine with that, and if they stick to any sort of order we'll get the one about Chitoge's Mom right near the start.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

Wark Say posted:

Don't most Harem/RomCom* manga have a relatively short run in comparison to stuff like Action / Adventure?

*Rumiko Takahashi's works don't count! :mad:

I think it may only be limited by the author's shame. Apparently when you have an author who has had a series cancelled before, there is none to be found.

I'm in until the bitter end.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Ch-162--I-understand?id=223200

And a new chapter.

Best friend. Hahahahahahhah:suicide:

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

Reading this and searching for a plot is the definition of misguided. I think it'll be pretty clear when this is entering its end-game. I like all the non-Raku characters enough to come back to this weekly for a laugh and that's probably where this finds its success.

This week's chapter felt frantic and rushed. Like, desperate to move on really quickly. Can't imagine why.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

The latest epsiode of the new season of the anime wrapped up the arc about Chitoge's Mom visiting for Christmas and it's just as :shobon: in anime form.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

anime chat: Another episode where Marika decisively wins. I like how her chocolate somehow manages to be more ridiculous in the anime.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

MonsieurChoc posted:

I still find Marika annoying and am glad she's gone.

You guys are weird.

You aren't alone. She had some funny moments but I don't really get the obsession.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

Irisize posted:

Man, the series has lost so much life since it started this "Kick everyone out of contention" phase.

It reminds me of the Love Hina manga being exactly the opposite. Escalating in ridiculous ways as it reached its forgone conclusion instead of... driving nails in the coffin? Kind of what this feels like.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

This is just the tee-up for the "Raku you have to go find her and tell her how you feel!" finale. Maybe or maybe not backed up by finding something out about the locket.

Basically if we're writing characters out of the story they need to be present, and if Onodera's the only one left in arms reach she's next on the chopping block.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

The funniest thing about this manga is how little dramatic tension it can drum up in what is obviously the grand finale. It's cried wolf so many times and spent so long in this period of denouement that everyone is just ready for it to be over, and has been for a while, and yet at the same time no one can trust that it will actually do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

Its amazing to stop and think that the last time Raku exhibited any agency as a character was when we first met Hana like 150 chapters ago.

Watching him reanimate for just a moment to piece it together this chapter is almost cathartic.

• Locked thread