Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kana Hanazawa does a really good job at sometimes playing against her usual type-casting. After I first heard of her as Anri in Durarara!!, I kept finding her here and there. She seemed like a slightly less sugary-sweet version of Mamiko Noto most of the time. I started remembering her name well when I heard her playing Susukihotaru (left) in Otome Yokai Zakuro and Mayuri Shiina in Steins;Gate. And while she seems to be in everything nowadays and her voice is super easy to identify, I remembered it was through these very forums that I discovered that she played both the really goofy-sounding Tsukimi Kurashita from Jellyfish Princess and the very mean-spirited, hot-blooded and downright vulgar Tittyko Ichiko Sakura (right) in Binbougami. I guess hanging out with the Tomokazus is infectious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Damegane posted:

Also, this guy from Rinne no Lagrange:

Huuuuge difference from his usual light novel main character high school 2nd year everyman voice or his pretty boy voice. I have no idea what he did to work up that much phlegm for low growly voice he used for the role.

He has a really deep voice in real life. I'm pretty sure that if he used that as his main voice, he'd get pigeon-holed really fast.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Damegane posted:

Not really. There's this live action TV show Tokyo Encounter...

Well, I was actually referring to something like that. He does sound a whole deal more gruff than usual, I think. Sugita pretty much sounds like the goofball, as usual.

Man, that show was just so chill. Hearing Ryotaro Okiayu doing his Hikaru Midorikawa impression. :allears:

• Locked thread