Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damegane
May 7, 2013

vibratingsheep posted:

Wait, he voices Graham Aker AND Mister Bushido? Truly, Yuucan is a man of many voices :aaaaa:

Also, this guy from Rinne no Lagrange:

Huuuuge difference from his usual light novel main character high school 2nd year everyman voice or his pretty boy voice. I have no idea what he did to work up that much phlegm for low growly voice he used for the role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Wark Say posted:

He has a really deep voice in real life. I'm pretty sure that if he used that as his main voice, he'd get pigeon-holed really fast.

Not really. There's this live action TV show Tokyo Encounter, where he and Sugita Tomokazu (and the occasional guest voice actor) spend 24 episodes goofing off and playing old video games. His normal voice actually does sound like his usual high school guy voice except a little nasally.

Man, Tokyo Encounter was the best thing while it lasted. Too bad it got canceled.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Blhue posted:

Is that where that youtube video of them and someone else all playing some Yu Yu Hakusho game and doing Norio Wakamoto impressions came from?

Yes. That was Sakurai Takahiro with them. That video was what made me go track the series down.

jonjonaug posted:

I remember reading something recently about that coming back.

Seriously?! Oh man, that's the best news I've heard all week/month/this year so far!

Wark Say posted:

Well, I was actually referring to something like that. He does sound a whole deal more gruff than usual, I think. Sugita pretty much sounds like the goofball, as usual.

I'll just chalk it up to us being different people who hear different things differently. Also, agreed on Sugita.

Waffleman_ posted:

Sugita is a super goofball. I wish that there were still videos of the BlazBlue radio show on Youtube so I could find the episode where Sugita opens it by saying "HAADOCOA!" over and over. :allears:

They're all still on Arc System Works' NicoNico channel here. Also, this guy has a few older episodes subbed in English.

Demicol posted:

Now if only someone would sub it, I loved the 2 episodes that over-time did.

There's some Livejournal that has I think the first 15 or so episodes subbed. Those have horrible eye-searing video quality, but the translations themselves are quite ok.

------

Sorry for the big dumb wall of text. It's really hard for me to contain my enthusiasm for Tokyo Encounter and Sugita goofing off in general. :v:

Damegane
May 7, 2013
2 weeks late, but Tokyo Encounter is back with a new season!

• Locked thread