Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Yes, there's some stuff you can do in the Japanese version of Battle Cats to get you five free stones in Dragon Poker. I won't be able to take a look at exactly what requirements are until after work and the "news" extension on the wiki has been causing problems, so :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
I played some (read: a lot) more and saw someone with a muscle cat. I want one. How do I get a muscle cat? I used 40 stones on the thing and got a singer cat girl, with no muscles.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Ottumon posted:

I played some (read: a lot) more and saw someone with a muscle cat. I want one. How do I get a muscle cat? I used 40 stones on the thing and got a singer cat girl, with no muscles.

The only muscle cat I know of we have is Titan Cat, the current DRA. To get him, build up 50000 event points (this should be doable at any rank with enough patience over the next two weeks, just save 'em up), then hit the SPECIAL button from the main menu (the green one), select the nyanko event (it'll be the one with the cats that has a point total under it; the one that doesn't have a point total is the collab event for playing the other game), and there'll be a button somewhere on that page in the middle to exchange 50k for Titan Cat.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

BlondRobin posted:

The only muscle cat I know of we have is Titan Cat, the current DRA. To get him, build up 50000 event points (this should be doable at any rank with enough patience over the next two weeks, just save 'em up), then hit the SPECIAL button from the main menu (the green one), select the nyanko event (it'll be the one with the cats that has a point total under it; the one that doesn't have a point total is the collab event for playing the other game), and there'll be a button somewhere on that page in the middle to exchange 50k for Titan Cat.

I think he means this guy

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

oh man I totally forgot about cat god. sorry, cat-god is gone, he was a reward for an event from the last version of this collab!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
They're both pretty cut, could be either one! :catstare: :colbert:

That second emote doesn't have muscles but you can imagine a swole version maybe

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
It's the same cat that appears in (at least the first two) cat dungeons as an enemy. So, not the linked one. Speaking of enemies, how can I tell whether or not something is capturable? My capture attempts seem to sometimes fail and sometimes succeed, but I can't figure out if there's any pattern to it other than I've never managed to capture a boss. Or those cats in the cat dungeons. :catbert:

e: Also, sometimes enemies seem to get captured when they're killed, without anyone using skills. What's up with that?

Ottumon fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 4, 2014

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

No real way of knowing ingame what's captureable or not. Generally all monsters are captureable in normal dungeons, and events have "feeder" monsters in the first two waves that are captureable (it's catte food in this event). Monsters also have a random chance to drop even if they're not captured.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Ottumon posted:

It's the same cat that appears in (at least the first two) cat dungeons as an enemy. So, not the linked one. Speaking of enemies, how can I tell whether or not something is capturable? My capture attempts seem to sometimes fail and sometimes succeed, but I can't figure out if there's any pattern to it other than I've never managed to capture a boss. Or those cats in the cat dungeons. :catbert:

e: Also, sometimes enemies seem to get captured when they're killed, without anyone using skills. What's up with that?

I'm not sure on the exact mechanics but basically: everything has a base chance to be captured when it dies, and every time you hit the capture skill it essentially checks as if it was going to die; if it checks to capture, then you get the icon and it's guaranteed to be captured when it dies, otherwise it does the glass shatter (and you can try again if it's not dead.) Some things have a 0% capture rate, which is usually things in special dungeons (like the cat dungeons) that aren't materials for leveling.

The only real way to tell is that the explanation text for a dungeon will usually have a line at the end saying 'everything is un-capturable' or 'everything from round 3 on is uncapturable' et. al. Most things outside of special dungeons are capturable, but the chances are very low for good stuff. For the cat dungeon, everything in the first two waves is capturable; nothing past that is.

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012

BlondRobin posted:

For the cat dungeon, everything in the first two waves is capturable; nothing past that is.
So you're saying I should run only the cat dungeons now to capture the cat warrior and get points for a muscle cat. Got it.

I guess I'll take a closer look at the dungeon descriptions too, thanks.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
You can buy the R cats from the medal shop for 200 yoshi coins btw, no need to hope for a capture.

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
Fantastic. GOTY.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

You can buy the R cats from the medal shop for 200 yoshi coins btw, no need to hope for a capture.

That's an awful use of medals. You can only evolve them once and only get one stone.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

You should be chain running the catte dungeon as much as you can anyways. In the ~6 months since the last time they ran it, no event has even come close to being as awesome as catte fort. You'll inadvertently capture all three cats anyways over the course of the two weeks it's running.

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
I'm doing a couple of normal dungeons for treasure and a cat dungeon to level up, which seems to work out fine. Except when other underleveled people have the same idea, and I end up in a party that gets crushed in the second turn of the third wave. All good fun though.

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

I shall admit my wickedness.

yergacheffe posted:

You should be chain running the catte dungeon as much as you can anyways. In the ~6 months since the last time they ran it, no event has even come close to being as awesome as catte fort. You'll inadvertently capture all three cats anyways over the course of the two weeks it's running.
Does it still give you mad feeder exp? I don't have my phone on me right now (and will only get to it next Monday), so I'm worried about missing stuff. I got way too many cards to level.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Yeah it's the same as last time, feeders are basically gem fairies so they give xp+skill up chance. You also get tons of rank xp for running the dungeon and can cash out your event PP for even more gem fairies. I really want to emphasize that no event will EVER be better than this.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah as a new player I got the strongcat pretty easily and now I run it for cat-gacha rolls for more cans. The give mad monster exp when you have them max evolved, I already got my first SSS and maxed my SS+ and got some skill levels from it. And going from lvl 55-65 with no effort is really nice as well.

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
I got this amazingly pimped S-rank golden slime with a crown and sparkles from the Gacha, and thought it was going to give me absurd amounts of EXP. It gives me twelve. I'm pretty sure the regular slimes give more than that, is this some kind of a funny joke?

Also: sometimes after the boss there's another, invisible wave of enemies. I think they're the exact same monsters as on the boss wave, but I'm not sure because they're invisible. What's the deal with that?

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

Ottumon posted:

I got this amazingly pimped S-rank golden slime with a crown and sparkles from the Gacha, and thought it was going to give me absurd amounts of EXP. It gives me twelve. I'm pretty sure the regular slimes give more than that, is this some kind of a funny joke?

Also: sometimes after the boss there's another, invisible wave of enemies. I think they're the exact same monsters as on the boss wave, but I'm not sure because they're invisible. What's the deal with that?
Golden slimes are there to be sold for cash.

And that invisible wave sounds like a prime example of superior Asobism programming. At least I never experienced anything like that.

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
Don't know why I didn't think of that :doh:.

I guess I can't really complain about the invisible wave, I got double the rings from that dungeon.

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013
Yes, I got an invisible 2nd Vesty the other week. It's usually a nice bonus.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
New download milestone reached, that means event time
http://dragonpoker.padherder.com/Blog:Boker_Blog/3.5m_download_event_details

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

This is the second event I'm missing on the Goddess fairy simply because I can't log in for a day or two. But I suppose there's no point in complaining about that after getting the Nyanko collab, not to mention the rest of those freebies.

Is this the first time we're getting rare tickets? Are they affected by the gatcha events?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
You get a few days extra of logins since its 20 days of rewards spread out over a 24 day event period.

Presumably the gatcha tickets are affected by whatever promo is currently running, but since they've literally never had an event like this before who knows.

Also, 48 hours of SP boost starting on date change. Time to spend all your stones on stamina refills.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
milward I thought you were asking about the gacha ticket in chat, not the colosseum tickets. Colosseum opens for two hours at various points in the day (for people in the US the most relevant times are 5-7PM and 10-11:59PM Eastern) and you just click on the red Colosseum button from the home screen and there will be a pretty obvious FIGHT button for you to redeem your ticket on. It costs 1/4th of a full bar of stamina rounded down to play

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

There's only one day left to get the collab stones, and I can't even update the Nyanko game to its latest version. The only download I could find is outdated, and it does not want to update itself. Maybe I should just buy these sorry stones, I just want to roll something good and blue so my blue cat food isn't wasted.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I haven't finished the Nyanko Collab either and it seems like more trouble than it's worth if you haven't already started. The collab dungeon you have to clear to get the reward is not trivially easy.

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

Supposedly, it gets easier if you use the bonuses you get from DraPo, but yeah, it's nothing as easy as the Spring collab. If someone still wants to have a go at it, here's a Japanese guide. You basically have to level a bunch of units and skills with the exp you get from playing.
http://app.famitsu.com/20141105_462319/

At least now I know that the collab dungeon BGM comes directly from Nyanko. Man, that's one catchy tune if I ever heard one.

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit
This game is a lot of fun once you can join in with the more advanced players. There was a game I played earlier today where the boss got me down to a sliver of life and we couldn't make a hand to kill him but he managed to miss me three turns in a row because my agility was buffed and I survived. Because the folks I was playing with were on IRC at the time we had a good laugh about it and then they got to watch me die a few more times after that. Also the amount of free "stones" you get is pretty crazy. Sometimes you just get them randomly for completing a run. It is a nice surprise and makes you feel like the game isn't always trying to get you to open your wallet.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
gently caress Tsathoggua just wanted to say. Even though the fight's been figured out if you can't draw or proc your Leviathans takes foreverrrrrrrrr. Just had a 20 minute battle with him.

Like can we at least get a guaranteed book as a reward or something sheesh

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

Seems like my tablet has died before I even had a thought of recording my ID. Luckily, I whaled a bit and logged in my Google account, so I assume it won't be that difficult to recover it. Though I also hope that I don't have to speak Japanese to do it. Any general pointers?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

SingerOfW posted:

Seems like my tablet has died before I even had a thought of recording my ID. Luckily, I whaled a bit and logged in my Google account, so I assume it won't be that difficult to recover it. Though I also hope that I don't have to speak Japanese to do it. Any general pointers?

You'll have to go through support but asides from the initial email (which uhh somebody else can craft one for you hopefully) it's pretty straightforward. If you go down a little on the page here you can prepare answers for the information they will ask of you:
http://dragonpoker.padherder.com/Account_Recovery

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
motherfuckin' Tatsunoko collab

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

I've been playing this for a week or so now and it seems pretty good. I don't read Japanese so I'm struggling with a few things. How exactly do I enter the PvP arena? I appear to have tickets for it but I can't find the button.

Right now I'm using Satan as my Ace. Is there a particular card that I should sub to him, or are sub bonuses not important? Also, should I focus on evolving my rares and S cards first, or just dump everything into my SS+ ones?

Also, I notice that in the last two events, theres a big creature you can get with event points, and then 3 S rank creatures you can get seperately. Are these S rank creatures designed as subs for the event creature, or should I just slot them into my deck?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Also, I notice that in the last two events, theres a big creature you can get with event points, and then 3 S rank creatures you can get seperately. Are these S rank creatures designed as subs for the event creature, or should I just slot them into my deck?

Typically they're designed as subs for either the event card or certain sets of other cards, yes. As far as certain subs, it depends on your available cards. The IRC can help out more immediately.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Crash_N_Burn posted:

I've been playing this for a week or so now and it seems pretty good. I don't read Japanese so I'm struggling with a few things. How exactly do I enter the PvP arena? I appear to have tickets for it but I can't find the button.

Right now I'm using Satan as my Ace. Is there a particular card that I should sub to him, or are sub bonuses not important? Also, should I focus on evolving my rares and S cards first, or just dump everything into my SS+ ones?

PVP opens every other week at fixed times of the day; you just missed the last colo session. But they're changing how PVP works after the patch later in the week anyways, so it's possible none of what I said will apply.

Sub bonuses help with raw damage and can contribute a non-trivial portion to your overall stats. Most rarity R an S cards or higher cards grant bonus damage to the same skill icon, so along with the 2% same-icon stat bonus those cards naturally lend themselves well as subs.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Patch notes and APK: http://dragonpoker.padherder.com/Blog:Boker_Blog/Version_2.1.1_Patch_Notes

There is a rather significant bug that was introduced in the update related to the order you subcard monsters, so make sure to watch out for that.

Colo metagame is going to shake up a lot with the Enhance card nerfs and the buff/debuff changes, plus the whole Fame system thing hopefully leads to less lopsided matches.

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
Are the red/green christmas gatcha cards any good or should I just keep saving my stones for something cool? I'm kind of satisfied with my blue cards right now, but my fire cards are mostly complete garbage.

e: basically I'm looking at the muscle santa and considering spending all my stones on red, but 1x aoe with miss chance sounds lackluster

Ottumon fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Dec 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Red: swole santa is probably one of the worst cards in the game, cracker doll is mostly unremarkable, match girl is really good
Blue: devilunlun is a decent status-er card, priscilla is an ehhh support card, boddy is terrible
Green: mr. santa is risky, merry is a decent healer, teddy is top prize if you are at endgame so you can stall forever on capturable bosses

also yo this poo poo is coming out in English finally
http://app.steparu.com/news/latest-news/246-dragon-ace-sea-the-best-poker-rpg-you-ll-ever-play

• Locked thread