Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

dragon enthusiast posted:

Red: swole santa is probably one of the worst cards in the game, cracker doll is mostly unremarkable, match girl is really good
Blue: devilunlun is a decent status-er card, priscilla is an ehhh support card, boddy is terrible
Green: mr. santa is risky, merry is a decent healer, teddy is top prize if you are at endgame so you can stall forever on capturable bosses

also yo this poo poo is coming out in English finally
http://app.steparu.com/news/latest-news/246-dragon-ace-sea-the-best-poker-rpg-you-ll-ever-play

Priscilla is actually arguably one of the best support cards. But the other two cards from that pull aren't worth it.

Don't roll on christmas gacha, don't play the SEA version of this game because it's most likely going to be the worst possible version of this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
hello they are adding raids to the game

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Blog on the wiki has been disabled because it keeps loving up the main page, so instead here have the reward breakpoints for the raid
code:
 1000pt Gem Maroon             x3
 2000pt Dragon Medal          x10
 4000pt Skill Fairy            x3
 6000pt Dragon Meal           x30
 8000pt Rare Gacha Ticket      x1
10000pt Shiny Gem Maroon       x3
15000pt Dragon Medal          x50
20000pt Princess Skill Fairy   x3
25000pt Dragon Medal         x100
30000pt Rare Gacha Ticket      x3
35000pt Dragon Medal         x150
40000pt Brilliant Gem Maroon   x3
45000pt Dragon Medal         x200
50000pt Queen Skill Fairy      x3
55000pt Dragon Medal         x250
60000pt S Rare Gacha Ticket    x1
65000pt Dragon Medal         x300
70000pt Dragon Medal         x350
75000pt Dragon Medal         x400
80000pt Queen Skill Fairy      x3
At 20* difficulty I'm getting like 500-800pts a run, so top rewards don't look doable unless I grind some.

There are also rewards for placing on the global leaderboard, but most of us probably aren't getting any of the good stuff. It's been nicknamed the NEET rankings for a reason :v:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Even if you don't think you'll be getting much out of the raid rewards-wise, do it anyway since it's the best XP:Stam thing in the game currently. Also the music continues to own:

http://tindeck.com/listen/zmmb
http://tindeck.com/listen/cbcc
http://tindeck.com/listen/yhxc

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
"Asobism can't go a single event without loving something up" continues to hold

Kuso Meriken
Jun 30, 2007
I can read a bit of Japanese but I can't figure out how to reshuffle. Does that unlock at a certain level? Also is the referral system still around? I also don't see that button.

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit

Kuso Meriken posted:

I can read a bit of Japanese but I can't figure out how to reshuffle. Does that unlock at a certain level? Also is the referral system still around? I also don't see that button.

Shuffling requires some SP cards. You might need to clear some dungeons and unlock them and buy them.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
They disabled the referral system because we abused it to high hell

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

I think that is giving our importance way too much credit.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
^ I mean they disabled it about a month after we figured out how to get ~120 referal stones in less than twenty minutes so

also I don't know which one of you is [SA]Cake ingame but gently caress you (not in a bad way) for rolling literally the two rarest cards in the game in the 100bag roll

Kuso Meriken
Jun 30, 2007
Another Q: should I do the 40 gacha this weekend? I see the max SS event is going but is it also godfest? Are they the same thing? I thought I saw the former all week.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
There hasn't been the godfest equivalent (typically referred to as bonus or weekend gacha) since last weekend; as of 11 minutes ago the only regular gacha promo running is the gods and demons MAX gacha.

Which isn't a terrible one to do a 40roll on if it's your first pull, but if you already have an established deck there's a few stinkers in there that are undesirable.

Kuso Meriken
Jun 30, 2007

There hasn't been the godfest equivalent (typically referred to as bonus or weekend gacha) since last weekend; as of 11 minutes ago the only regular gacha promo running is the gods and demons MAX gacha.

Which isn't a terrible one to do a 40roll on if it's your first pull, but if you already have an established deck there's a few stinkers in there that are undesirable.

I had created an account months ago so when I logged back in I was flooded with stones and did one 40 max pull. I'm doing OK deck wise but I think I'll wait for the next event. Thanks for the help.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

^ I mean they disabled it about a month after we figured out how to get ~120 referal stones in less than twenty minutes so

We are also maybe 3 dozen people playing this game. If that was the real reason they could have just banned us and/or patched up that hole. I think referrals just weren't getting many people into the game.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
:supaburn: Patch notes :retrogames:

- Treasure screen overhaul: there's a whole lot more poo poo there now, lots of new things to collect
- Entitlement system added: Fulfill ~certain conditions~ in-game to earn entitlements. They can be set on your profile
- Secret missions added: Get spiffy rewards for completing hidden objectives!
- Card priority changed: :siren: Skill guarantee now has priority over super fusion :siren:
- Charm status changed: Now, only a random number of cards will be hidden by hearts
- Subskill bug fixed: You can now safely equip subcards in any order you want to again

Also, Aria's weaknesses are Claw and Seal

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

So, this game was released in English finally as Dragon Ace and it owns bones. So far i've done colosseum, a ten pull, and a bunch of the normal mode missions. Everything seems to be working great, and it's nice as hell to be able to understand everything.

For some reason it hasnt been released through the android market yet, but here's a mediafire link from their facebook page: http://www.mediafire.com/download/24hge9zjh0laa35/da_sea.apk

Enjoy guys, I know I am

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Crash_N_Burn posted:

So, this game was released in English finally as Dragon Ace and it owns bones. So far i've done colosseum, a ten pull, and a bunch of the normal mode missions. Everything seems to be working great, and it's nice as hell to be able to understand everything.

For some reason it hasnt been released through the android market yet, but here's a mediafire link from their facebook page: http://www.mediafire.com/download/24hge9zjh0laa35/da_sea.apk

Enjoy guys, I know I am

I assume its a separate server? Are we missing out on cool promotions if we play in English?

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

pixaal posted:

I assume its a separate server? Are we missing out on cool promotions if we play in English?

Seems to be a seperate server. I dont see any players with japanese names. I'm sure they will do their own promotions though.

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit
If you are playing on the SEA server I suggest you download the Japanese version as well. Once you understand the way the game works and what all the buttons are the Japanese version is probably going to give you a lot more free stuff and you also get to hang out with all the people who have been playing for a long time and can provide support for you.

Kakesu
Nov 4, 2005

ETHICAL.

SEA (not-Japan) version has referral codes and is also giving out a free stone for every friend you make (I'm just friend requesting everybody I play with at this point). If somebody else is playing and wants to trade referral codes, mine is q3232ab.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I've also started on the SEA server and this game is amazingly fun to play. There were some lag issues with Colosseum today where multiple people disconnected. I didn't want to start on the Japanese version because I couldn't understand but the English one is great so far. Hopefully more goons try out the English version.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Not available on that iFruit store at the moment it seems. I wonder if I can get the apk to work on my lovely kindle fire.

Ah, I see. SEA for South East Asia. Hooray for even more potential splitting people between servers!

Kakesu posted:

SEA (not-Japan) version has referral codes and is also giving out a free stone for every friend you make (I'm just friend requesting everybody I play with at this point). If somebody else is playing and wants to trade referral codes, mine is q3232ab.

I added you with the invite id tff7b3c. Not sure if I'll stick with it since I don't break out my kindle much.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Feb 1, 2015

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
You can only grab it off the Thailand and SEA app stores due to licensing issues. Same with Google Play but you can sideload to get around it, just need to find a new apk every time an update occurs.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Ive already done all the referral code stuff but please add me as Exister on the SEA server.

Kakesu
Nov 4, 2005

ETHICAL.

nftyw posted:

I added you with the invite id tff7b3c. Not sure if I'll stick with it since I don't break out my kindle much.

Added you back.

ZephroDyne
Feb 14, 2007

(*ΦωΦ) <I am nekocat
Since event dungeons aren't out, and there's no gem marrone dungeon, what's the next best way to level up cards?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Probably Club Bad Girls over the weekend. Desperation option is pulling the pp gacha

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

So what kind of setups do you guys use for pvp? I've been using a deck of my heaviest hitters with some target all and multiply skill guys thrown in as well. I'm thinking that most healing skills aren't very useful in colosseum.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Dragon Poker has gotten a colo overhaul but Dragon Ace is using the old system.
The AoE enhancers (Undine, Snow) are king and even the S version (Priquet) is very useful. Pack those and you heaviest hitters (preferably matching the featured skill icon). Buffs and heals are basically useless. Status effects like blind, paralysation, seal and to a certain extent charm are very useful. Petrify and poison less so.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

So where do you guys like to farm for exp? I'm around level 40, been grinding the 7 or 8 star daily dungeon. Ive got a bunch of cards waiting to evolve but marrons seem very rare.

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit

Crash_N_Burn posted:

So where do you guys like to farm for exp? I'm around level 40, been grinding the 7 or 8 star daily dungeon. Ive got a bunch of cards waiting to evolve but marrons seem very rare.

The special dungeons that give you points usually have cards in them that give good experience or a gacha that you use the points you get in for those cards. In some cases they are the XP equivalent of marrons but sometimes a bit less. They also give bonus XP to certain cards.

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013
Pile up your dead bodies.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
rip 248 stones, rip the hatsune miku dream

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit
248 stones is a lot.

I did 4 pulls and got a hellhound and I am ok with that. Gonna do a couple of 11 pulls when Ifrina is in the mix.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Trying to get into Dragon Ace now. Is it worth whaling out at the beginning, or should I just play through dungeons collecting stones and then blowing them on an 10 pull?

Zotix fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Mar 2, 2015

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
They give you so many free stones at the start it isn't worth whaling that early on.

Final damages from gachafest: 280 stones for Lise, Lise, Hellhound, Liar. I can't justify pulling today with so many gatekeepers lurking.

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013
Around 350 stones for Lise (#3), Opal, Seraphinite, Irene, Ruby, and King Arthur.

Not bad, but all I really wanted was Mercurius and Ifrina. Cool that I got all the gem girls without really trying, I guess.

Look Sharp! fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 2, 2015

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Currently #4 on iOS Top Grossing, only being beaten out by PAD, Monstrike, and Disney TsumTsum

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
So Asobism actually put the kibosh on data mining the client? RIP, what a stupid decision by a stupid company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

I shall admit my wickedness.

So Asobism actually put the kibosh on data mining the client? RIP, what a stupid decision by a stupid company
I believe it is worth mentioning that the wiki is now closed because of that. You know, because people were using it and might not frequent the IRC.

Honestly, I understand that working on it was a lot of work, some of which is not worth the effort in the long run, but I'd be lying if I said I won't miss it. With the release of Dragon Ace, the game needs an English info hub more than ever, even if such hub won't have any data-mined stats. Of course, as long as there is demand for such site, someone is going to provide it sooner or later (and I can understand if the former wiki contributors wouldn't want anything to do with it), but I believe this topic is worth bringing up here, just like on any other Dorapo-themed corner of the Internet. Especially since I might not know everything that's going on behind the scenes, and now I got one less way of learning about it.

• Locked thread