Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
This looks fun, I'll give it a try. My referral code is x3c3a89.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krithel
Apr 4, 2009

Inadequately posted:

This looks fun, I'll give it a try. My referral code is x3c3a89.

Let's buddy up! My referral code is: td150bb

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

krithel posted:

Let's buddy up! My referral code is: td150bb

Added you, thanks. This game is pretty fun.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Any tips on Slime/Skill up Fairy use?
Should I level up my N Slimes before use?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

EzEight posted:

Any tips on Slime/Skill up Fairy use?
Should I level up my N Slimes before use?

There's a table of numbers in the miniguide linked in the OP, but basically:
S slimes are the best in terms of EXP (SS slimes in fact give less total EXP considering the number of S slimes required to evolve one)
The minimum number of N fairies required to guarantee a skillup between SLV1-3 are:
- Lv1: 14 (Queen+Fairy+Fairy)
- Lv2: 30 (Queen+Queen+Princess+Fairy+Fairy)
- Lv3: 60 (Queenx5)
You can, of course, use fewer fairies if you want to roll the dice. And anything after SLV3 will not have a 100% chance unless you want to fuse many dupes.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I did read the mini guide.
So is it worth it to grind my N slimes to S rank?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

EzEight posted:

Depends on how far you are in the game; the only real difference between N slimes and S slimes are the amount of money it costs to feed. Not exactly sure what the feeding formula is; seems to have some dependence on monster rarity.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

EzEight posted:

N Slimes that drop from the basic normals only evolve up to R. Crystal/Metal Slimes start out at R, they look like the ones in the pictures in the OP.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
So just use N slimes as they are and boost R slimes to S is this a good idea?
What would you do?

Chronomaster
Sep 24, 2006
Alright, much like Brave Frontier I got roped on the concept and now I'm going to have to carry at least one reference sheet with me at all times to play this but what the hell it'll be fun while I'm interested.

Referral code is rc94117. Looking forward to making someone 30 stones richer.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

EzEight posted:

So just use N slimes as they are and boost R slimes to S is this a good idea?
What would you do?

That's right. You'll be removing those N slimes after your first 10 roll anyway, so no need to invest anything into them.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Got to say this game has some great depth.
The Monster fusion combo system can easily swing hard fights into your favor.

The 2xFire Salamander combo gives everyone a Attack and defense boost.

What factors allow a card to fuse in battle? So far I've noticed.
-Same monsters
-Same monsters at different points in their evolution.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
So I've been running the Cronos dungeon over and over for cheap experience and I've leveled up quite a bit, but I'm not really clear on the mechanics of it. I know sometimes I can get gold and black medals which I can use to buy stuff in the medal store, but what do I do with the gear-looking currency I get? Also is there any particular use for the gear enemies I can capture there, or are they just another type of fusion fodder?

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Inadequately posted:

So I've been running the Cronos dungeon over and over for cheap experience and I've leveled up quite a bit, but I'm not really clear on the mechanics of it. I know sometimes I can get gold and black medals which I can use to buy stuff in the medal store, but what do I do with the gear-looking currency I get? Also is there any particular use for the gear enemies I can capture there, or are they just another type of fusion fodder?

The gear-currency can be spent on the two buttons below the medal exchanges on the special event to get more gear enemy cards, very often SS. The gear enemies are basically lovely "steampunk" Gem Marones, the gem-slimes that give you tons of exp, as you may have noticed. They also have sufficiently high carding rates you pretty much don't even need to try and you'll get 75% of them but

the point is feed your gears to level your cards. especially the robots, I think they have some bonus EXP fed to robots, but they're great food for anyone.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
For feeding.
Same element gets a boost in xp, does race also factor in?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

EzEight posted:

For feeding.
Same element gets a boost in xp, does race also factor in?

Yes. The gears give a huge additional multiplier to "Robot"-type enemies, which include Cronos, the 3 minimechs from the shop along with Cronos, and the 3 gacha-exclusive mechs.

I would suggest saving your black medals until the last day, because if you can break 500score from an 8* run, that's enough to afford Cronos himself who is a fairly acceptable unit with a decent skill. Otherwise, feel free to either save the medals for the next event or dump them on the minimechs (who unfortunately are actually very poor units on their own. their real purpose is to be equipped on to one of the other 4 mentioned robots for their equip-skills)

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Emalde posted:

Yes. The gears give a huge additional multiplier to "Robot"-type enemies, which include Cronos, the 3 minimechs from the shop along with Cronos, and the 3 gacha-exclusive mechs.

I would suggest saving your black medals until the last day, because if you can break 500score from an 8* run, that's enough to afford Cronos himself who is a fairly acceptable unit with a decent skill. Otherwise, feel free to either save the medals for the next event or dump them on the minimechs (who unfortunately are actually very poor units on their own. their real purpose is to be equipped on to one of the other 4 mentioned robots for their equip-skills)

I don't think you're giving the minimechs enough credit; I picked up all three and tqbh they're better than most of my other s-draws from rolls. They may not be long-term bosses or anything but if you're not going to get enough black medals to pick up chronos and you're not interested in whaling to try to fill your deck with SS cards picking up all three will give you a team of passable hitters for each element. At the very least they're working decently for me.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

BlondRobin posted:

I don't think you're giving the minimechs enough credit; I picked up all three and tqbh they're better than most of my other s-draws from rolls. They may not be long-term bosses or anything but if you're not going to get enough black medals to pick up chronos and you're not interested in whaling to try to fill your deck with SS cards picking up all three will give you a team of passable hitters for each element. At the very least they're working decently for me.

That's true, it's not like they have bad skills on their own, but I'd definitely rather have Cronos over the set of 3 if I had to choose just because that attack boost will contribute more meaningfully than any of the minimechs will down the line if you didn't pull a gacha-robot.

Apparently my rolls have all been entirely lucky though since my deck is almost completely SS off of free rolls, so my point of view is already skewed towards later progression as opposed to the immediate process of clawing my way through the high difficulty normals.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
How exactly do you get black medals from the Cronos runs? Is there a limit to how many you can get per dungeon? I only have the first one unlocked.

E: also I just got 10000 PP for the 11-monster roll and it is literally all slimes.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Emalde posted:

That's true, it's not like they have bad skills on their own, but I'd definitely rather have Cronos over the set of 3 if I had to choose just because that attack boost will contribute more meaningfully than any of the minimechs will down the line if you didn't pull a gacha-robot.

Apparently my rolls have all been entirely lucky though since my deck is almost completely SS off of free rolls, so my point of view is already skewed towards later progression as opposed to the immediate process of clawing my way through the high difficulty normals.

Think of it this way- if you got a bunch of SSes to fill your deck, you're don't need them in the first place. Chronos would absolutely be better for that.

However, if you don't, you're not likely to get Chronos- I have one SS in Bling-uin and I'm lucky to even survive 8* Chronos- when I do, I usually pull less points than I would with 4* Chronos. I have two red Rares even with the three minimechs, and I'd have a rare Blue in my dech as well if not for scissors crab. I'm not getting 500 points.

For the latter case, the mini-mechs make sense, I'd say.

Inadequately posted:

How exactly do you get black medals from the Cronos runs? Is there a limit to how many you can get per dungeon? I only have the first one unlocked.

E: also I just got 10000 PP for the 11-monster roll and it is literally all slimes.

You get black medals for hitting certain point landmarks- there's one every 100 up to 1000 points. You may also get some if you can score top in daily/weekly score rankings, but I've not yet done that so.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Inadequately posted:

Every time your high score on a run breaks a 100-point benchmark (so 100, 200, 300), you get black medals which are used to redeem cards for whatever the active event is at the time (and the dragon-ring evolution material).

(like this)

BlondRobin posted:

You get black medals for hitting certain point landmarks- there's one every 100 up to 1000 points. You may also get some if you can score top in daily/weekly score rankings, but I've not yet done that so.

Weekly leaderboards just reset as of 2 hours ago, so those rewards will be getting distributed on the daily pass-out in a few more hours.

1st place was 3 black medals, 50 dragon
2nd was 2B/50D
3rd was 1B/50D
4-10th was 40D
11-50th was 30D
51-100th was 20D
everyone else gets 10D

Inadequately posted:

Yes, the 10k PP rolls are gem marons, gold marons, or skill up fairies, gems and fairies are both v important.

EzEight posted:

So to be clear Black/Gold coins don't reset after an event ends?
So I can horde these till the next event?

Yep.

Emalde fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 16, 2014

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
So to be clear Black/Gold coins don't reset after an event ends?
So I can horde these till the next event?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

edit

Zotix fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 16, 2014

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I'm still level 18, I have no SS cards in my deck (but I do have S and R cards), and I can't survive 3+ hits in 4 star Cronos.

Should I just get the mini robots in that case, to replace the R cards in my deck?

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
What's the fastest way to get SS+ cards? Is it just saving up stones for the guaranteed roll? In that case, what's the fastest way to save up stones?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Xad posted:

Hooray! Enjoy the free stones!

Still playing? I am about to reach level 20 thanks to that Cronos event. Hopefully your still planning to hit 20 as well.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Looks like they cancelled the Colosseum for today due to bugs.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Oceanbound posted:

Looks like they cancelled the Colosseum for today due to bugs.

Apology Stones! :byodood:

They don't have anything on their twitter about what's going on though, which is disappointing.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
I have a fair amount of gears and slimes for exp, and a fair amount of silver and some gold fire evo rings from the daily dungeon. But the only S+ rank fire monster I have is the fire dragon starter, which I already evolved once. Would it be better to evolve the Rare fire monsters and some of the generic ones from the early dungeons for Pokedex stones, or would it be better to focus on training up that dragon?

Chronomaster
Sep 24, 2006
One mystery killing me here (aside from the lack of referral from anyone. I'm almost at 20 already), what's the blue/teal orb present for? I thought it was more box space, or a cost limit increase. I can't figure it out.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

If it's the thing you get after beating a * series of dungeons, then it's team cost increase.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Chronomaster posted:

Alright, much like Brave Frontier I got roped on the concept and now I'm going to have to carry at least one reference sheet with me at all times to play this but what the hell it'll be fun while I'm interested.

Referral code is rc94117. Looking forward to making someone 30 stones richer.

I used yours. Mine is a0a02d0

Chronomaster
Sep 24, 2006

Victorkm posted:

I used yours. Mine is a0a02d0

And I got you back. Now I can leave the 10s.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Would anyone mind if they were to rip the music from this game? The official site has the tracks, but they cut off the last 10 seconds of the songs by the fade.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

So how do we add goons as friends so we can jump in on Co-Op with them?

Greyish Orange
Apr 1, 2010

Well I'm going to give this a go to 20 at least, I'll put my code out there if anyone is still looking.

Code used

Greyish Orange fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Mar 20, 2014

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Victorkm posted:

So how do we add goons as friends so we can jump in on Co-Op with them?

Go get somebody in the goon group chat (which is actually almost full) to friend you and invite you to it, or get somebody in IRC to do so. There doesn't appear to be a way to search for a user by unique ID, just by name, so if your nickname is something common it will be difficult to find you.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

About the colosseum:

You get 4 colosseum tickets every day to use on the PVP matches, each run costs you one ticket + 25% of your max stamina. Chances are you're in the rookie league. If you win 3 matches there, you'll be promoted to knight league next round.

Win or lose, playing colosseum matches gets you dragon medals.

You have a colosseum specific deck and SP card loadout, so remember to set them before you go in (red/purple icon on top right). The shuffle SP is indispensable.

If you don't know what to play, play a high card, since the first tiebreak is the high card. The second tiebreak is rarity. The better hand attacks first, so you can get a great advantage if you can kill off or bind some of the other team's players before they get to attack.

This isn't PVE, don't bet like a maniac. After the match you'll be ranked based on the BP you accumulated during the match (the damage you did to the other team, basically), and given bonus medals if you ranked 1st, 2nd, etc.

Some super fuses can be useful, others are garbage. For example, two+ Merous can super fuse, but into a big heal, which does nothing to the other team. Try not to play into this kind of useless super fuse.

When you enter a colosseum match, you're placed in a lobby. You can leave the lobby anytime via the lower left button before there are 10 people there. If you see any level 6 or 8 noobs hanging around, leave. They will always end up on your team.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
My IGN is KoChun can I a fellow Goon add me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

It has been mentioned before, but just to clarify:

Once you unlock 4* stages, you will also unlock the first stage of Cronos event.

From the dungeon screen, click the big arrow at the top right, and select the 4* dungeon that appears. It costs 24 stamina, but you should be able to chain that place all the way to 20. Lots of high level players carrying people.

• Locked thread