Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.
Do you know why SWAGUIN is the best card? Do you?

It's because SWAGUIN does not care. It does not care about level 5 newbies ruining Colosseum rounds. It does not care if this game is, at times, a comedically buggy mess. It doesn't even care about the rules of poker. Five card? Pssh. Do you want to draw a hand of SIX ACES?

When you draw SWAGUIN, you are drawing WINNING. That's why you pronounce it SWAG-WIN.

(round started, then after I played my card the game decided the monster lineup was something else entirely and bugged out so that I got infinite turns, but no cards I put up would stick unless they were copies of the card already out- to wit, my ace. sadly even after reaching 5, or even more cards it did not process as a hand. so enjoy a hand of six aces, five of which were my card.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

BlondRobin posted:

Do you know why SWAGUIN is the best card? Do you?

Needs a compliment of six Gamblers to make it the most appropriate. Johnny Six Aces :pwn:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Just got two random bonus login stones, what the effff

Emalde
May 3, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

Just got two random bonus login stones, what the effff

the text on the mystery stones is so great

"Somehow!! S-SOMEHOW!! :byodood:"

Greyish Orange
Apr 1, 2010

I'm going to hit level 20 tomorrow, still need a person to swap keys with for the lovely free stones.

Greyish Orange fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Mar 20, 2014

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Greyish Orange posted:

I'm going to hit level 20 tomorrow, still need a person to swap keys with for the lovely free stones.

I have no idea what's happening or what I'm doing, but I like free things? I think?? Mine's ab451e0.

e: I'm not sure where to put in someone else's code, though.

e2: IT'S GONE NOW

Heatwizard fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 21, 2014

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
If I understand the text correctly! the Cronos dungeon will only be open for three more days, and I doubt I'll unlock the next couple of tiers in time to pick up enough black medals for him. To those who have played longer, how often do special dungeons like this come along? Should I spend some of the black medals to get the minimechs, or should I save them for whatever the next big thing is?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Heatwizard posted:

I have no idea what's happening or what I'm doing, but I like free things? I think?? Mine's ab451e0.

Check the image of the menus. On the main menu, it is bottom right button --> Middle button on bottom row. There is a field near the bottom to enter a code.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

DontMindMe posted:

Check the image of the menus. On the main menu, it is bottom right button --> Middle button on bottom row. There is a field near the bottom to enter a code.

No, you know what the problem was? I'm an idiot and didn't think to scroll down. :v: I think it took, since the field's gone now.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Cigs guy and blinguin are featured SS again.

The button's gone gold again so blow those stones.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Oceanbound posted:

My first 40 wielded no SS's during the previous event (did get a decent amount of S though).

This event made up for that with two SS's (and the rest Rs).

I got the Cigs guy and the blue knight girl.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Inadequately posted:

If I understand the text correctly! the Cronos dungeon will only be open for three more days, and I doubt I'll unlock the next couple of tiers in time to pick up enough black medals for him. To those who have played longer, how often do special dungeons like this come along? Should I spend some of the black medals to get the minimechs, or should I save them for whatever the next big thing is?

Events are run basically all the time, there was a week delay between the Zeus and Cronos events because Cronos was new content, but they're doing a repeat-run of an older event now, so don't feel bad about saving up.

This gacha-fest is really good, every single featured card is fantastic in some way, so go nuts on rolling.

E: well, some of the fire cards are meh, but Gambler is a really good card

Emalde fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Mar 20, 2014

Chronomaster
Sep 24, 2006

Oceanbound posted:

Got two SSs this roll, both blue. One was boosted, but no Blinguin.

Greyish Orange
Apr 1, 2010

Heatwizard posted:

I have no idea what's happening or what I'm doing, but I like free things? I think?? Mine's

Added your code. Good luck to 20 and beyond, it really is a fun game.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Next event is Priestesses of the Sun and the Moon (AKA 'Twin Stars'), a repeat event from earlier last year. I'll post when we know more, but relevant right away is that Priestess of the Sun is a fire-based healer, which is quite valuable. Expect much grinding in your future, and apparently there are evolution materials locked away in the harder difficulties :(

Emalde fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 21, 2014

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

This game is fun as hell even if you don't know Japanese - the collaborative poker mechanics are surprisingly compelling. I'm having a blast even though apparently I got kind of poo poo for my first 40 stone roll.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Found EXP tables for the normal dungeons. The important columns are the first, which is * difficulty, second, which is amount of stam used, and the last three, which are the minimum amounts of EXP for the easy/normal/hard dungeons in each tier.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Wasted my stones willy nilly on individual rolls before this OP existed and I can't find a way to reset my account, so I guess I'll just suck it up and soldier on. Someone be my buddy so we can score free stones!

x5ae67c

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Found EXP tables for the normal dungeons. The important columns are the first, which is * difficulty, second, which is amount of stam used, and the last three, which are the minimum amounts of EXP for the easy/normal/hard dungeons in each tier.

14* is where EXP amounts finally beat out against 8* Cronos, and it's significantly more difficult, definitely going to be missing it when it leaves :(

Emalde fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 22, 2014

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Emalde posted:

14* is where EXP amounts finally beat out against 8* Cronos, and it's significantly more difficult, definitely going to be missing it when it leaves :(

When is that exactly?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Sunday should be the last day for Cronos, or maybe early Monday, depends on when the switchover is.

I had a weird super weekday, the first wave had two trash on the left and center and just a single ring. So we killed them and they turned into cards, but they didn't leave, and next turn the game still wanted me to throw out a card. At the end of that turn we attacked something offscreen, then whatever it was died and the wave ended. At the end of the dungeon I ended up with five rings, two golds and three trash somehow.

Greyish Orange
Apr 1, 2010

Are there any dungeons that completing them may reward a stone or is it random?

I'm one short of 40 stones.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

No dungeon will guarantee you a stone, but evolving a monster will get you at least one.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Apparently Halloween Merou is a thing! Looks like it's mostly identical to regular Merou though, as you can see.

Mecharasputin
May 30, 2009

Ultra Carp
Posting my friendly code: td8549e, let's buddy up! :D

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Mecharasputin posted:

Posting my friendly code: td8549e, let's buddy up! :D

Doesn't seem like anyone claimed my code so here it is again x5ae67c. I'll buddy up with you!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
http://www.asobism.co.jp/social/dragonpoker/event_colosseum.html#bnr_menu

Could somebody offer an exact translation for how promotion/demotion in Colosseum works? Apparently tiw is still stuck in Rookie League despite running a (sometimes literal) train over pubbies.

e: Looks like that one's out of date, use the one in-game instead

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 23, 2014

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Pretty sure the rookie league announcement is just bugged, like a lot of things in this game.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

http://www.asobism.co.jp/social/dragonpoker/event_colosseum.html#bnr_menu

Could somebody offer an exact translation for how promotion/demotion in Colosseum works? Apparently tiw is still stuck in Rookie League despite running a (sometimes literal) train over pubbies.

e: Looks like that one's out of date, use the one in-game instead

Yeah, I never won enough to be that but I definitely won the three wins it claims are needed to graduate from Rookie, so I'm gonna go with Ocean here, it's bugged. I can translate it anyway though if you want.

fake edit: hell, it's short.
code:
Joker League   Promotion: ---                 Demotion: Rank 71 or lower     Level Restriction: 120
Ace   League   Promotion: Rank 30 or higher   Demotion: Rank 71 or lower     Level Restriction: 90
King  League   Promotion: Rank 30 or higher   Demotion: Rank 71 or lower     Level Restriction: 60
Queen League   Promotion: Rank 30 or higher   Demotion: Rank 71 or lower     Level Restriction: 30
KnightLeague   Promotion: Rank 30 or higher   Demotion: ---                 Level Restriction: ---
RookieLeague   Promotion: 3+ wins
Note 1: In Queen or higher leagues, you will be demoted if you do not participate in at least 1 match during the Colosseum periods.
Note 2: The above rankings will be applied starting with the seventh colosseum match series.
There have been some changes to standings in league promotion and retention, so please refer to update notes on 3/5 for further details.

BlondRobin fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 24, 2014

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Thanks for that. Seems like dragon enthusiast and I should have ranked up to Queen League since we were gold/silver ranked (which is top 30 in our respective groupings), but like everybody else still trapped in Rookie, we didn't seem to move up at all.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Found an online quiz to test your pokermon skills. I got a score of 7 I don't even know what that means???
http://www.mukuchi-no-kai.com/check

edit: Maintenance notification for Sun & Moon updated; seems like they're fixing Colo rankings or are at least aware of the issues

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 24, 2014

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Found an online quiz to test your pokermon skills. I got a score of 7 I don't even know what that means???

edit: Maintenance notification for Sun & Moon updated; seems like they're fixing Colo rankings or are at least aware of the issues

Apparently it means you are AVERAGE! ...with that being pretty good as far as it is concerned- it is rating you on a 'fuckup score,' with higher scores meaning you have a higher chance of loving up. 'average' means you generally don't gently caress up much and are more or less reliable and no one should really mind having you around.

(I got an 8 which is also average :ssh:)

Emalde
May 3, 2007

A素出し (toss it out normally)
A絶発 (toss it out using a skill guarantee)

I also scored 7, trying to figure out which play is the major error bringing my score down :(

9絶発, 5素出し, Ace素出し (this is the one that i changed from my original answer, which was K絶発 WHICH IS WRONG BECAUSE SNOW WHITE AND RED RIDING HOOD HAVE A PITIFUL FUSION), 9絶発, 7絶発, Qor9 gets a score of 5, which is the high tier parameter. Still not sure if you can do any better than that, I wouldn't know where to mess around with it without just randomly changing my answers.

Emalde fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 24, 2014

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
ID is s7d37f7, name is either Abrasive or Abrasive Obelisk.

Chronomaster
Sep 24, 2006
Got a 12, I guess that's bad? Still says average.

I'm guessing there's a lot of obscure cross-fusions that you'd have to either know Japanese or have encountered at the worst time to remember and get good at this so guess I'm stuck just trying to read the hand itself and all the relevant waits.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

You can get a 2 with 9絶発, 5素出し, A素出し, 9素出し, 7絶発, Qor9素出し

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
The new event appears to have started, but I can't enter the special dungeons yet. The game spits out a message with 'ID' and '30 分' in it, but I don't know what that means. Is it just not open yet?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Inadequately posted:

The new event appears to have started, but I can't enter the special dungeons yet. The game spits out a message with 'ID' and '30 分' in it, but I don't know what that means. Is it just not open yet?
User IDs able to get in are staggered by 30 minutes.

Also, in knight league. :toot:

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

The ID restriction thing is already over anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Tried the new special dungeons. How does getting medals work for this set? It looks like getting a certain amount of points allows you to roll for them, but I don't know how it works exactly. I imagine you probably have a higher chance of getting more medals if you roll on the higher point requirement rolls, though.

• Locked thread