Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Does this game support any cross device play? I'd ideally like iPhone / Android Tablet, but I'll settle for using an Android phone on the go. (I have a work phone and a personal phone)

My Japanese is horrible so I'll be fumbling around in menus but this looks pretty interesting, and I haven't played a PAD like since about 6 months after PAD was brought to the US, I remember doing the Christmas event right after PAD was officially translated and losing interest with a 99 Amaterasu and just don't feel like getting back into PAD with all the new changes, might as well try this out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

My referral code is i77eb23 if someone wants to exchange codes.

I hit 20, I can't add you back, but if you are about to hit 20 and don't have a code to add you can use mine if you want to give me free stuff for nothing in return.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 18, 2014

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

This game is pretty fun. I used my first 40 stones + the free SS cards, and have SS cards for each color, and an S of each color (somehow, pure luck really) and am 2 blue Rs short of getting rid of all my Ns.

My 3 SS cards are at 30, and I need a place to get basic rings. Where do I farm them? I've gotten a few at random, but there has to be someplace to grind them up. Bad Girls is a really great place to grind up some card XP as a newbie. I feel I'm being held back due to being squishy at this point, maybe I should have spread the levels out a bit more, I might farm a few more gems up to fuse into the appropriate colors.

The emotes that are common are surprisingly easy to recognize after a bit (I do realize they are mostly making faces, but still look like a mess at first glance to me). I just figured out that the )b is a guy giving a thumbs up. I love that dancing emote though. Japanese people sure use some fun emoticons that are probably a bitch to type.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

BlondRobin posted:

The event gatcha (the one you spend event points on) was determining rarity as the event gatcha i.e. heavily weighted towards s and ss cards, but instead of drawing from the pool of event material cards (the scarabs) it was drawing from the 100pp roll; which is to say, every card in the game.

Emalde has some sick screen shots of pulling like three gamblers at once from it.

They are, apparently, trying *really, really hard* not to roll-back like the last time they had a gently caress up of this scale, but the result seems to be that they're being forced to go through accounts to find and remove the ill-gotten cards. Depending on how manual it is, and how many millions of users they have, it... could take a while.

Isn't it like almost 4AM in Japan right now? I guess 99% of the audience is asleep but I'd imagine the programmers are ready to just get some sleep.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Oceanbound posted:

Another round of eta:unknown maintenance incoming. More cards to be recalled, etc etc

People who weren't affected at all by the bug but who have had to suffer through the relentless maintenance are going to be given 3 goddess fairies I think.

What did they gently caress up this time?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I was hoping for more hilarity.

At least they seem to have a good idea of how to fix stuff. Constant rollbacks suck, they mean you don't want to play the day after a patch, then people find bugs and wait to exploit them a few days later and rollbacks are longer away. Ignoring the bugs entirely and letting people keep poo poo is even worse as you then have to find the bugs early and exploit them to have any chance of staying on top of the game. The free premium currency is a good thing and its not in small amounts they basically just gave everyone $20.

They do seem a tad lenient on people who didn't just stumble upon but abused the bug.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

This is the right place to post about pulls from the weekend right?

My current team

I have about a dozen more S cards and twice the Rares so I think I'm pretty good for sub cards for early game. That Johnny pull really is going to help make my team shine. Now to spend the next 6 months getting them leveled and evolved. This game is awesome, and it just hands you everything you need to play for free. more people should be playing this and talking in IRC.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Honest Thief posted:

Can't seem to get the free SS cards bonus, I put the number of the text field but it just gives me an error message back.

It goes into the gift box on the main screen. The first message is different the second one is saying you already redeemed it. Press the left most button to go to the main menu you should see a small gift icon trying to grab your attention. Pretty much everything goes in there unless you capture it during a game.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Not sure if anyone has found out about it yet but Johnny and mammon fuse. Its aoe paralyze attack which is useful I guess, hit both the boss and the meat effecting both.

Still both separate and probably better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Crash_N_Burn posted:

So, this game was released in English finally as Dragon Ace and it owns bones. So far i've done colosseum, a ten pull, and a bunch of the normal mode missions. Everything seems to be working great, and it's nice as hell to be able to understand everything.

For some reason it hasnt been released through the android market yet, but here's a mediafire link from their facebook page: http://www.mediafire.com/download/24hge9zjh0laa35/da_sea.apk

Enjoy guys, I know I am

I assume its a separate server? Are we missing out on cool promotions if we play in English?

• Locked thread