Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I have only read one Star Trek novel.

quote:

"Scott's eye was caught by an unusual constellation: a ring of stars haloing a distant peak. 'Look at that now. Doesn't it awe you a little? To think that there might be a higher power than us, arranging matters?'"

i.e.,

Basically, it's a giant rolling self-aware satire of everything Star Trek, in which Kirk and Company are sent to confront Klingons diplomatically on what essentially turns out to be the Musical Comedy Planet, and the whole thing ends a giant cream-pie fight. Apparently the author was in a dispute with Paramount over creative control and wrote this as a giant gently caress-you while technically staying within the allowed boundaries at all points. Although his prior work was highly regarded, He never wrote another novel in the universe after this.

It's worth reading once just for the bizarrerie of it, but I don't plan on reading it twice. Still, if you're into that thing it's .. perhaps interesting is the best word.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Mar 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Waitaminute...isn't that Christopher loving Lloyd??

Probably used him as a model, yeah. The book was released in 1987, so shortly after http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star_Trek_III:_The_Search_for_Spock, hence http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Kruge . That character isn't actually in that book though from what I remember.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Mar 15, 2014

• Locked thread