Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

The most hassle-fee controller for the PC these days is still the wired Xbox controller. It's the cheapest option, the most compatible (there are a few older games that won't recognize the wireless because it has a different device ID, can be fixed with .ini edits for some games and the xbox controller emulator though).

Well, you're slightly right but I feel the DS3 is only a very small bit more involved using Xinput Wrapper which is super easy to install and completely plug and forget as it runs as a service.

More importantly, you can use a DS3 over Bluetooth which may be built into your computer or it's a cheap $5 BT USB-stick unlike a 360 receiver which is another cord dangling there. Having a cord in 2014 sucks and it's being nice not to accidentally yoink it out or get it tangled up.

True, a wired 360 is $20 compared to $35 for a DS3 but I find DS3 is more comfortable (obviously a preference choice but most people I know also prefer it) and having the better D-Pad is handy for platformers or if you use emulators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread