Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Chuu posted:

Is this controller better than the XBox controller for PC users? I'm in need of a controller and was trying to find a comparison.

...no? I fail to see why a PC user would get an xbone controller (now) over the regular xbox, yes it has a better dpad but who actually uses that in PC games aside from navigating menus? The bumpers are a downgrade, and the rumble triggers will only get support in PC ports once the official MS drivers are released, if ever.

The most hassle-fee controller for the PC these days is still the wired Xbox controller. It's the cheapest option, the most compatible (there are a few older games that won't recognize the wireless because it has a different device ID, can be fixed with .ini edits for some games and the xbox controller emulator though).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Chuu posted:

A good D-Pad is incredibly important if emulators are going to be a significant part of its usage.

Then you're much better off just getting a PS2 controller with an adapter for far cheaper than an bone controller if emulators are a major thing for you.

• Locked thread