Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monastery Dweller
Jul 13, 2010

Eee-Yup.
Last year, around the time the new consoles came out, I bought an xbox one controller. Given Microsofts dedication to the 360 controller and especially the craftiness of the fans, I assumed there would be a driver pretty soon. But up until today I could only longingly look at my controller. Also I'm poor and can't afford the actual console.

Today, I was pleasantly surprised to find that there was one guy who actually managed to put out a simple app to map your Xbone pad to xinput! Basically, all you need is to watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGXHejtLeII and use these files.

There's a few hiccups, though. The D-Pad doesn't seem to work yet. And of course: no rumble.
But now, that we know how to mess with the thing, maybe somebody can figure those out as well, maybe?

Check out my other thread where I do the same for the DualShock 4 And please, do me a favor and hate on @cgallizzi for a minute, if you could. That fraud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monastery Dweller
Jul 13, 2010

Eee-Yup.
Right now I would recommend the DualShock 4. It is relatively hassle-free to set up, works wirelessly and has a built-in touchpad that's really great. Also it feels better than the X360 and Xbone controllers IMO. You can even use the sixaxis. At some point there will also be support for bluetooth audio and the built in speaker.

What's nice about the Xbone controller is the long sticks and the fact that it will be WiFi direct. I don't know if I like the clicky Shoulder buttons and D-Pad yet.

e:Spelling.

• Locked thread