Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
Hey, I'm not sure if this should go in BFC or over in the Hardware/Software Crap forums so please excuse me if it would be better elsewhere.

My company is in the process of redoing our whole ecommerce website and I'm advising on what changes would make my life easier. We currently ship about 50 packages a day and don't use any special shipping software or management. We use Paypal as our online credit processor, and their multi-order shipping tool to ship. This works decently but leaves a fair amount to be desired. There seem to be an endless sea of options for online shipping managers, but I was hoping to get a goon recommendation. The must have features are automatically emailing the customer a shipping notification with the tracking number and giving us a nice central place to track missing packages, but they all seem to do that. Our website has been built with our own shopping cart, and our own web-based order tracking - which all works pretty well. We'd really love it if the shipping management software we used could also act as a shipping calculator during checkout - pulling the customers zip and returning various levels of shipping from USPS and UPS. Stamps.com doesn't do this, which is why I crossed them off the list for the time being. We have much greater development resources than most other businesses our size due to our owner being married to a coder. Anyone have some shipping advice? Should I take this somewhere else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Scratchmo

Folly posted:

Protip: Raw carrots don't freeze well.

Interesting, I'd never considered freezing raw carrots. What happens? Are defrosted carrots like very old fresh carrots that get all limp and bendy?

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Scratchmo
Ugh. I'm wrapping up the first month I've had a United Chase credit card, and I have it set up to autopay the full amount due from my checking account, but today is the due date and it hasn't autopaid yet. The lady on the phone assures me that it will go through today, but it still makes me nervous. After this month I won't be so worried but I really don't want to be hit with late fees while I have plenty of money to cover it just sitting in my checking account. I guess I'm mostly just worried I copied the debit number wrong some how and it won't go through :ohdear:

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Scratchmo

Bobert51 posted:

Ugh. I'm wrapping up the first month I've had a United Chase credit card, and I have it set up to autopay the full amount due from my checking account, but today is the due date and it hasn't autopaid yet. The lady on the phone assures me that it will go through today, but it still makes me nervous. After this month I won't be so worried but I really don't want to be hit with late fees while I have plenty of money to cover it just sitting in my checking account. I guess I'm mostly just worried I copied the debit number wrong some how and it won't go through :ohdear:

Well it turns out there was no need for worry, but it didn't go through until almost 7pm on the day that it was due. I guess I appreciate them letting me ride the float of my sweet sweet checking account interest of .05% for as long as possible, but they should have some kind of warning about how close they cut it when first signing up for auto pay.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Scratchmo
And if you're the petty criminal type, AAA will post your bail, up to 5k I believe. Not sure how many times a year you can use that(although if you find yourself in jail multiple times a year you probably have other financial concerns).

E: Although I'm sure some small time criminals are attractive. I meant petty.

BallerBallerDillz fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 3, 2014