Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

Because drug companies throw billions of dollars at doctors through free food/vacations in order to get them to prescribe brand-name drugs.

Welcome to America.

You could have went to Dollar Tree and got a 40-pack of generic ibuprofen for $1.00.

Depends on the drug, to be honest. Also, pharmacies will always fill generic unless told otherwise by the doctor or patient. This is coming from a pharmacist who used to work retail as a technician.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Hi goons, thought about moving back home to Chicagoland after spending nine years in rural Indiana working as a pharmacist. Considering COVID and the uncertain job market, I'm thinking it's the safer option to delay moving and just work on paying down debt as fast as possible.

I don't want to disappoint my wife, but it does seem like the most prudent option.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

What are the odds of any student loan forgiveness affecting private loans? While I'm on pace to pay off the remainder this year, it would be nice to have any amount forgiven so I can throw it at the next loan.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

I need some opinions/advice here.

We plan on moving from our house in a year to a year and a half. We've started putting work into the house and one of our projects is replacing the carpet with luxury vinyl tile. I can pay for this out of pocket. I also have access to a home equity loan I tapped into last year for a kitchen remodel. Should I pay for this home improvement project on my own so I have less to owe on the home equity loan or should I put the money towards a different loan and pay it off outright? I was thinking of one of my car loans.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Quick math suggests that I should minimize the home equity loan since it has a much higher interest rate than the car loan (5 percent vs 1.9 percent). We'll pay for the floors out of pocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Ditto. My only complaint with Monarch so far is that it lacks a widget on the home screen for credit card transactions. It's what I used to use to monitor potential fraud.