Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm terrible about letting stuff linger in the freezer too long. In the case of single-serving frozen vegetables I give them to my dogs (nothing toxic of course). They love eating frozen stuff and it feels better than just tossing them in the trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Not a Children posted:

I still haven't been able to plan well enough to use up all of my groceries before they go bad. Half an avocado, half a jar of pasta sauce, a tomato, 2 drumsticks, 4 tortillas, and a pound of potatoes were this month's casualties.

This is a big issue for me and I hate it, especially when I'm tossing something out and think "welp there's $3 right into the trash" :sigh: I spend more per item plus drive further to get to a store that carries smaller packaged items like milk in quart cartons, because it feels like less of a waste to use up the smaller amount vs getting a gallon of milk at the closer store and pouring out 2/3 of it because it went bad before I finished it. Anything that can be frozen gets frozen which helps, but I still end up with fresh veggies or something that I bought thinking "I will cook X and Y for dinner this week" and then never got around to it and forgot to freeze them before they got nasty.