Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

TouchyMcFeely posted:

I also have a question for the BFC daily chatters:

I have a company provided cell phone that they cover 100%. I'm allowed to use it for both company and personal business. It's great, except when I'm on vacation and coworkers/customers who have that number are able to call and if I'm not paying attention I'll answer.

So the question is: Do I get a cheap (read T-mobiles $30/month or $2/per day) plan specifically for personal use allowing myself to be unchained while I'm on vacation and off hours?

My financial situation stands at all debts paid off (minus fiancée's student loans), currently have saved $3,800 of our $20,000 emergency fund and $4,200 of our $10,000 wedding fund.

I've been mulling over the idea for a few years now but I'm warming up to the idea more and more now that we've lost one of our team members and the number of customers I'm servicing has increased significantly.

BFC Daily Chatters, what say you?

I'm a huge fan of Republic Wireless and Ting for cheap mobile plans. You have to pay the cost of the phone upfront (at least for Republic, since they use special phones) but the plans are super cheap. They're based off the Sprint network, if that's a problem. I'm planning on switching to one of them (probably Ting) as soon as I can, so I can't really comment on how good the service is. I'd guess that other goons can tell you more.
The T-mobile plan you mention ($30/month) might not be too bad, otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU