Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I have my credit card on autopay but I inevitably pay off the entire balance every month before it can trigger for some reason.

I think, deep down, I still don't really trust it and like to know for sure it's paid off.

I had a bad experience just out of college while money was still pretty tight with autopay (cable company continued to take money out of my account after I'd shut off service and moved) so that really turned me off of autopay. Plus I don't want to end up overdrawn due to somebody fat fingering in the decimal point in the wrong place even though I know that isn't very likely. So I use online bill pay but I do it all as a "push" from me rather than a "pull" from the company billing me. It adds maybe 5 minutes of work a month but it is worth it to know I'm the one controlling my bills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Is there a discussion about High Yield Savings Accounts anywhere that I'm just glossing over? I'm way overdue to move my emergency fund in to one and not sure about the best options that aren't just super sketchy or likely to drop the yield a few months after the money is in.

If this is the right place I'm looking for
-Highest yield I can get at a place I don't have to worry about it not existing next year
-Don't care if there is a small direct deposit requirement but don't want to have to redirect my whole paycheck there. Say $500 or less a month
-Don't care about ATMs or physical locations, this is money I need to have liquid in case of an unexpected expense but it taking a few days to transfer over to my main checking doesn't matter.

Any advice?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'll give all of those a look, thanks.