Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

does anybody grind those new bank account offers? i have enough cash for those cash deposit requirements and i can figure out if each individual offer is worth my time but overall is this something worth most people's time? obviously because of the cash requirements not everyone can do it so for those that do... is it worth it? seems like while there's good offers, it's one of those things that seems easy enough but actually is more work than it seems. open to hearing anyone's experiences doing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

I'm in SF

Amazon use to be around 2.99/3.29 for 6/12 eggs. For a long time during the pandemic they kept listing 12 eggs cheaper than 6 eggs like 2.79 for 12, 2.99 for 6. Good times

Last set of eggs from Amazon was 12/$3.79 on 12/7. I've bought some from my local store since that is around the same price.

If you want the fancy Organic eggs. I've seen them as high as $11/$12

I've also seen $2.99 at Trader Joes

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

anyone have a good site that has news about why one currency has gained/lost vs another one?

i guess basically articles like this: https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/emerging-markets-thai-baht-leads-gains-in-asian-fx-fed-minutes-in-focus and this: https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2474359/baht-tipped-to-have-a-strong-year

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Exchange rates are basically indistinguishable from magic.

i know that apparently its just random banking entities that set it, at least for ones that aren't traded often.. but for the others i would be curious as to why certain currency rates change and want something that just has that all on one site

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

hey i get it, if anyone knew the exact reasoning they'd all be rich by now. and i get that you can't just distill things that happen in the economy to an exact one thing that caused it. i'm just looking for general information about what the two countries were doing that may have caused the exchange rate to change. if there are indeterminable outside factors that's also fine

i posted two articles that are in the ballpark of what i'm looking for in terms of information. i had to do some google searches to find that so i'd prefer just to read a website and get the gist of what is going on..

also to be clear, i'm not looking to use this information to trade forex or anything, i'm just curious and there didn't seem to be any other subforum really to talk about this.

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 12, 2023

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

wait i thought that was just a huge troll since he also apparently posted in a yospos thread.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

you were "consulting" for 2 years prior and got brought on to that job and worked it for 4 months.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

how are you guys pulling those numbers.. do you already have all your assets in a spreadsheet.. should i be doing that..?

i was actually going to bring this up since i haven't done this yet..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

That sounds like a poo poo job that is actually paying you less than your salary because you're working an additional 2 hours a day, 10 hours per week, an additional 100 hours assuming you worked 50 weeks/year. If your job paid you $100000 salary.. the true salary would actually be $95238.10 because you're working extra hours

Find another employer that will pay you better and treat you better. This is poo poo behavior. Yes maybe sometimes you need to work a few hours over but no way would I be happy with a 4+ hour meeting at the end of the day without some kind of prior notice.

If they're going to force you to work over the 10 hours then the very least they should be doing is accommodating you on things like a dumb haircut. If they won't even do that then they're just leeching from you.

Edit: include who I'm replying to