Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I ate a ramen and drank a free coke from the company fridge. I would have eaten out of the garbage but I had a moment of weakness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Spending money to not die in car crash is a good investment and stop trying to tell people that spending 500 on a beater with no modern safety features is a wise choice if they can afford a safer car. Jesus

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I'm not saying people should be buying brand new cars, just that BFC has this almost idiotic obsession with being a spendthrift that makes it seem virtuous or wise to buy a piece of junk so you can tell people down at the recycling plant that you spent $250 bucks on your 1979 LeBaron and only suffered minor brain damage in that 15 mph accident you got into because you were coasting down a hill in neutral with the engine off because that's just free money, man

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I spent 200 dollars on the cheapest chromebook on Amazon about a month ago and have been pretty impressed with it. Unfortunately, you have to use Google Docs but that doesn't really bother me and I have a PC at home for when I need those extra tools. The only annoyance is that you have to set up offline access before you leave the house or you won't be able to open your docs to work on them. Definitely a pain in the rear end if you just want to take it to a coffee shop and not log in to the wifi. Otherwise, they're super lightweight and the keyboard feels good. Some people claim they're cheaply made and prone to break, though, so I would take that into consideration if you're rough on your portable electronics.

If you need access to photoshop for making book covers and things of that nature, I would avoid a chromebook. It's what I wanted because all I can do on it is light internet browsing and writing. I have a PC for everything else but find writing on it too distracting.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I bet you helped them move their poo poo for free too you colossal rube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Devonaut posted:

That's a pretty racist thing to say.

Congratulations, I am glad to announce your invitation to the Racism Olympics 2015. You will compete in exciting events like Calling Out Those Things Someone Said and Making Pithy Remarks to People who are Already on Your Side. Welcome and good luck!!