Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends

SpelledBackwards posted:

I got a legit email from PayPal saying someone new logged in to my account at a time I wasn't trying to access it, with the label "Firefox OS X". I don't have any Apple devices, so like the email recommended, I browsed separately (not through any email links) to PayPal's website, logged in, and changed my password to a new one generated buy my password manager.

Then 3 days later I got the same notification, and now I'm beginning to think it's Mint.com's access that's triggering those alerts. It's so rare to get false positives like that due to Mint, but there's no way anyone else has the new password, and the email says someone else logged in, presumably successfully, and not that someone only attempted to do so. If it's not that I don't know what else it'd be. :confused:

I've had something happen similar to this with my wellsfargo retirement account a couple of times in past 6 months. I'll get an email alert or a text stating my phone pin or phone number was changed. The number they provide is the number on the website and the email appears to be from a legitimate wellsfargo source.

Every time I've called to ask what's going on and they say nothing has changed and see no odd activity on my account. I'll log in online and make sure my pin/phone has stayed to the same and it has. Not sure what is going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends
This is likely posted all over a credit card churning thread, but Chase updated the categories for bonus 'pay yourself back' to include 'Wholesale' and 'Pet Supplies'. Not the most min-max way to spend your points but it's not bad either.