Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TremendousMajestic
Mar 8, 2007

bye bye everybody bye bye!

0lives posted:

Feel the weight of a three paragraph devlog!

Scamtank will have your rear end for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TremendousMajestic
Mar 8, 2007

Eldiran posted:

So, I don't know if this is a good place for this or not, but this is pretty much the closest to an active Boatmurdered-related, gaming-related thread I can find. So -- I made a game based on Boatmurdered!

It's a top-down horror game set in the aftermath of Boatmurdered. (It's free.)

Download link/more screenshots:
http://radcodex.wordpress.com/2014/03/22/depths-of-boatmurdered/

Please let me know what you guys think.

I'm loving this so far! I have no idea how to get past the little pink guy just past the dining room but this is awesome :)

TremendousMajestic
Mar 8, 2007

Angela Christine posted:

Could you chop down the metal trees with a wooden axe?

Thread title/zen koan

Eldiran posted:

Thanks! You solve it the way almost everything in the game is solved: by running away a lot :cheeky:

Thanks for the game, Eldiran! I had a lot of free time today in which I was supposed to do productive things, but those puzzles kept pulling me back. It was a lot of fun and the music was great. At first I was kind of disappointed that it wasn't a traditional 'choose a class and level up' rpg but ultimately the fact that it was all atmosphere and puzzles, pick up and play won me over. I also loved that it was unforgiving - you either figured out what was going on right away, or you died.

I also really liked the arc with the kid, although the one criticism I have is that his death would have had more impact if he had been around just a bit longer. Still a jawdropping moment, though, because it happens with so little ceremony. And the way it ties into the little dream sequence (or whatever it is) near the end and is wrapped up with the monologue on the way out...the game turned out to have a few layers I didn't expect, and I was impressed.

Again, awesome job. Had a ton of fun with it.

TremendousMajestic fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 25, 2014

TremendousMajestic
Mar 8, 2007

Yes, and the way in which the "battles" he had using those limbs were recounted...well, one can never un-read that.

TremendousMajestic
Mar 8, 2007

What was the basic story and outcome of Gemclod again? All I can remember is that the dwarves were pissed that goblins had integrated too much into society.

TremendousMajestic
Mar 8, 2007

Ghostwoods posted:

You got Pham's wife hooked on DF? That's low, man. Real low.

She wants the D...F

TremendousMajestic
Mar 8, 2007

Would carving out a channel and then building walls on the "close" side of the channel be enough to keep out climbers? Or will they jump down into the ditch and climb the dirt wall there and then the stone wall?

TremendousMajestic
Mar 8, 2007

Mirthless posted:

:911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911:

It even has a Florida :allears:

edit: God it even has the rockies! This has to be an easter egg, right?

This is insane! It has the Great Lakes, the Amazon and Hawaii, too.

I'm completely in love with this thread at the moment.

TremendousMajestic
Mar 8, 2007

Hihohe posted:

I found this sweet little video about a fort. Very :black101:

http://youtu.be/is1wSwdaM2w

This is amazing. Glad I took the time to watch this, it made me miss my Apple IIe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TremendousMajestic
Mar 8, 2007

Someone was talking about screenshots a few pages back. I have my Dropbox configured to store them there as soon as I take them via prtsc, but I don't remember how I did it.