Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bullstuff
Apr 1, 2007
My finger smells funny. :(
I remember when I first tried to set up magma forges and poo poo. I had a volcano and could just tap into the side where I wanted instead of building them way deep or having to pump magma up. I spent a long time doing it because I was stupid and dug a long channel which I then covered with floors. Well I didn't know back then that liquids flow diagonally and ended up with magma crawling down my channel which was still open for the work.

Well I didn't panic. It was a long way for it to slowly crawl before condemning me, so I ordered the area sealed and decided to try again. But before they could wall poo poo up, I see a cat run into the channel and dive headlong into the oncoming wall of slow-moving death.

I was perplexed and amused, but not alarmed about a stupid cat. At least I wasn't alarmed until I got the message that my legendary wrestler (I was jumping straight to magma stuff so I hadn't made equipment for warriors) was throwing a tantrum. This fellow loved his roving gang of cats, one of which was the magma-diver. He was in my meeting hall and promptly started to strangle and break everybody and everything. So yeah. I got a tantrum spiral out of the handful of guys Urist Hogan had killed which ended with a broken and depopulated fort.

All because of one loving cat. God I love DF. Time to start playing again. At least I don't suck so bad anymore.

Bullstuff fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU