Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Murderology AND Murderonomy!

Internet Kraken posted:

Whats a tower do when you embark near it? I thought those were all controlled by Necromancers, but in that case shouldn't it have a red line next to it indicating hostility?

Is it abandoned or does the red line just not show up for towers because they aren't a proper civ or something?

The red line means that civ is currently hostile to you, goblins and the half elves it looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Can anyone remind me how to turn skill rust off?

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
I'll play, but I need a quick reminder on how to turn off skill rust yet again. Please, and thanks in advance.

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
So when you start an actual dwarf fort it begins going through a calendar...and then crashes. :argh:

Anyone actually making it through yet?

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
This. This is the literary peak. Nothing can top this. :unsmith:

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Now all he needs to do is fix the armor debacle and we're good to go.

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
I thought I editted out skill rust but I just noticed one of my farmers rusty in a few skills, so apparently I did it wrong/the wiki is outdated.

Can anyone tell me how to turn off skill rust, and how to turn off stat decay as well?

EDIT: Browsed for a solution in http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Cheating#Tinkering_with_the_Dwarven_Soul and I copied the appropriate stats into the dwarf section where the rest of their abilities and senses were. Let me know if this is wrong or if the info is outdated/whatever.

EDIT EDIT: I notice nowadays legendary miners leave alot less stone and ore when mining. In the old days virtually every one of their mined squares resulted in leftover stone/ore. Anyone else notice that?

Blackray Jack fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Dec 14, 2015

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Is it just me or do dwarves gain skill a hell of alot faster than they used to? Also, goblin thieves are ALOT more brave than they used to be. One bumrushed into the sleeping quarters to try and get a child before my axedwarf got to him.

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
So uh, is there any new reliable way to check for vampires/weredwarves now? In the old days you could just see by checking profiles and seeing if they had a billion memberships along with an old age. Now ALOT of migrants seem to have varying numbers of former memberships and the like.

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
I just lost my settlement to a single wereass, singlehandedly, in the spring of my second year. That was some serious bullshit.

So I guess in the future I just need to concentrate entirely on constructing a walled perimeter before doing anything else?

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

Or be luckier.

How soon do they tend to arrive? I also had first year kobold and goblin thieves, ugh.

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Right now I'm getting a VERY bizarre migrant wave full of legendary skilled dwarves, anyone else had this before?

EDIT: Aaaaaand another werecreature spawns in and wrecks poo poo again. Ugh. Didn't even make it past the first year :v

Blackray Jack fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Dec 15, 2015

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
I've been playing since boatmurdered days. A challenge is fine but when you're getting first/second year supermonsters that wreck your poo poo spawning in the middle of your encampment, well, it's not exactly all THAT fair, is it?

EDIT: Back in the day, drafting the two miners would do the trick because by the time a threat arrived they were legendary and thus, got seriously beefy stats and could wreck even goblin ambushes. I suppose I'll just have to start funneling my entrance and line it with some cage traps for starters, to catch werepeople and the like.

Blackray Jack fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Dec 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Mostly I'm just venting about how BS it can be. I'll just adjust strategies to a more reliable protective circle if it keeps happening, sorry. v:shobon:v Besides, turning off invasions is surrendering! :black101: