Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's like Twister, only incredibly brutal.

*You grab the left molar with your right pinkie.*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

durian (Durio zibethinus)
The dwarven recruit bashes the goblin in the head with the durian!

hemp (Cannabis sativa)
:420::black101::420:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

edit: Holy crap that was from 07

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Floodgates dont do that at all, as far as I remember. Only bridges.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pickled Tink posted:

You bulk up as your strength and toughness stats increase. You end up being a mountain of muscle that shoves over every stray goblin you encounter. It is fantastic :black101:

"That dwarf is pushing everyone around again! Are you going to take that? No? Send away now for Gob-Atlas' body building manual!"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Urist McGoon has been depressed recently. Urist McGoon fell for a horrible trick by BadMunki.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm not falling for it this time you assholes. :mad:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay what I always do? open up colors.txt and change BLUE to

[BLUE_R:64]
[BLUE_G:64]
[BLUE_B:128]

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Man starting up is slow.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The big evil in my world is a hare demon named Acmot Dungstar. Aww who's a cute widdle bunny foo foo?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cephalocidal posted:

Flying creatures aren't very good at dodging trees yet.

New megaproject: A giant clear glass window.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I just found a goblin hair crown on a goblin.

A goblin toupee.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I found a goblin camp. I snuck up and started chopping them to bits as they slept. I accidentally performed a colon removal when I slashed one's abdomen open, then slashed his guts which went flying.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

pepito sanchez posted:

I really want to play adventurer mode but it freezes upon choosing that game. At "updating world" screen with a calendar. Does this normally take a long rear end time?

edit: Ok, I see. It does every day of the year... This is my first time doing adventure mode. Excited to die or crash trying!

If you didnt make a small world, yes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

GreyPowerVan posted:

Well.

Edit: The more i re-read this, the funnier it gets.

"I must leave"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I sneaking around and am so stealthy that my victims arent noticing me hitting them in the head with my warhammer.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

You silently punch The Gloom Monster in the left hand from behind with your right hand, bruising the bone!
You silently bash The Gloom Monster in the lower body from behind with your silver maul, bruising the fat!
You silently punch The Gloom Monster in the upper body from behind with your right hand, bruising the muscle and bruising the left false ribs!
You silently punch The Gloom Monster in the neck from behind with your right hand, bruising the muscle!
You silently bite The Gloom Monster in the eye from behind and the eyelid is torn apart!
You latch on firmly!
The Gloom Monster breaks the grip of Your upper front teeth on The Gloom Monster's eye.
You silently bite The Gloom Monster in the eye from behind, tearing it!
You latch on firmly!
The Gloom Monster breaks the grip of Your upper front teeth on The Gloom Monster's eye.
You bite The Gloom Monster in the throat, tearing it!
You latch on firmly!
The Gloom Monster breaks the grip of Your upper front teeth on The Gloom Monster's throat.
You bite The Gloom Monster in the eye and the injured part is ripped into loose shreds!
You latch on firmly!
You bite The Gloom Monster in the right foot, tearing the fat and bruising the muscle!
You latch on firmly!
The Gloom Monster breaks the grip of Your upper front teeth on The Gloom Monster's right foot.
You bite The Gloom Monster in the right foot, tearing the muscle!
You latch on firmly!
You bite The Gloom Monster in the left foot, tearing the fat and bruising the muscle!
You latch on firmly!
The Gloom Monster breaks the grip of Your upper front teeth on The Gloom Monster's right foot.
The Gloom Monster breaks the grip of Your lower front teeth on The Gloom Monster's left foot.
You bite The Gloom Monster in the right foot, tearing the fat and bruising the muscle!
You latch on firmly!
You bite The Gloom Monster in the eye, tearing apart the eyelid!
You latch on firmly!
You bite The Gloom Monster in the eye, tearing it apart!
You latch on firmly!
The Gloom Monster breaks the grip of Your lower front teeth on The Gloom Monster's eye.

He still hasnt found me yet because I'm sneaking. :ninja:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I managed 6 seperate bite attacks before my mouth was full.

I'm still fighting him. He still hasnt noticed.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

Dwarven tunnels are extremely expansive. I have no loving idea where I am and I'm out of food.

Press x while standing over a corpse and watch your food worries disappear. :getin:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I fell into a goblin ambush. After he shot me in the arm, I chopped his leg off and ate it in front of him before pelting him with his own bones. We then engaged in a yelling match about our victories, then he decided to join me in adventure.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Angry Diplomat posted:

My work comp sucks and DF crashes on it a lot

This isnt just you. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Starting as an elf, I found myself in a tree.

I had no idea how to get down. I tried a lot of things. Eventually I tried jumping.

quote:

You fail to grab the Silkenshrine the Hermit of Aquamarine, thick hazel tree branches!
You fail to grab the Silkenshrine the Hermit of Aquamarine, hazel tree branches!
You fail to grab the Silkenshrine the Hermit of Aquamarine, hazel tree branches!
You slam into an obstacle!
Your left lower leg takes the full force of the impact, bruising the muscle through the kenaf plant fiber dress!
Your right lower leg takes the full force of the impact, bruising the muscle through the kenaf plant fiber dress!
Your right hand takes the full force of the impact and the part splits in gore!
Your lower body takes the full force of the impact, bruising the muscle and bruising the guts through the flax plant fiber coat!
Your tongue takes the full force of the impact, bruising the left cheek's skin through the flax plant fiber coat!
You give in to pain.
You fall over.
You regain consciousness.
You give in to pain.
You give in to pain.
You give in to pain.
The Bowyer stands up.

Yup I slipped trying to swing down and blew up my hand when I fell down several stories.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I started up a biter elf. Teeth are good for ripping up stuff but finishing off creatures? Not so great. I wrestled with a goblin for a bit then stole his arrows off him, but couldnt get him to give up his bow. Fortunately I could just throw the arrows straight at him.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Given that this is the first new version in over a year, they're all out of date.

Also how the hell are you supposed to climb up/down trees?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh my god enemies have visible line of sight cones in stealth mode! Time to roll up Urist Solidsnakes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cephalocidal posted:

How are people having these great adventures in adventure mode? I wandered down a dwarven tunnel-road, recruited a macedwarf, resurfaced on the other side of a mountain range with no bearings on the night creature I was hunting and tried to sate my growing hunger by killing the first thing I saw (a weasel) only to have my adventurer slice it into a nearby pond like a furry golf ball which I then drowned while trying to retrieve so I could eat it.

That sounds like an adventure to me.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I didnt take reading ability. :smith:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jesus whips are ridiculously deadly compared to this battleaxe I've been using. Untrained, I wrestled a copper whip off a goblin chief then I murdered the half dozen goblins around me with a single lash to the head each.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So Math posted:

I had a very helpful assistant while experimenting with necks: an unnamed elf who kept coming back to life when I took a nap. You can behead people by aiming a slashing attack at their neck. If successful, you should find a matching neck lying on the ground. Butchering the neck creates all of the usual head gibs, including upper spine nervous tissue. Did that used to happen?

The head bone's connected to the neck bone.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Some people are really blase about death.

quote:

Em Nenipibo, Farmer: Death... This cannot horrify me.
Siga Jamasowba, Woodcrafter: Death... This cannot horrify me.
Nifih Buslonilo, Engraver: Gruesome wounds! This doesn't scare me.
Thrut Ustr tekud, Trapper: Death... This cannot horrify me.
Em Nenipibo, Farmer (to Ur Nedorgiki, Miner): Not a half hour ago Bisan Sculptedstorm attacked a crundle in The Dead Swamp.
Siga Jamasowba, Woodcrafter: Death... This cannot horrify me.
You lash The Woodcrafter in the upper body from behind with your bronze whip, bruising the muscle and bruising the right lung through the hammerhead shark leather cloak!
The Woodcrafter is having trouble breathing!
Nifih Buslonilo, Engraver: Mimap Exitentered the Closed Portal of Flukes, slayer of Atho Twinefilled. I'm a little angry.
Em Nenipibo, Farmer: Death is all around us. This cannot horrify me.
Molcet Siminjamas, Gem Cutter: Gruesome wounds! This does not scare me.
Ur Nedorgiki, Miner (to Em Nenipibo, Farmer): Not a half hour ago Bisan Sculptedstorm attacked a crundle in The Dead Swamp.
You strike The Woodcrafter in the left eye from behind with the pommel of your copper short sword and the injured part is crushed!
Thrut Ustr tekud, Trapper: How fleeting life is... This doesn't scare me.
Siga Jamasowba, Woodcrafter: How fragile we are... This doesn't scare me.
You punch The Woodcrafter in the upper body from behind with your left hand, bruising the muscle through the hammerhead shark leather cloak!
You grab The Woodcrafter by the first toe, right foot from behind with your bronze whip!
Em Nenipibo, Farmer (to Ur Nedorgiki, Miner): Not a half hour ago Bisan Sculptedstorm attacked a crundle in The Dead Swamp.
Molcet Siminjamas, Gem Cutter: Death is all around us. This cannot horrify me.
You punch The Woodcrafter in the left lower arm from behind with your left hand, bruising the bone through the hammerhead shark leather cloak!
Siga Jamasowba, Woodcrafter: Atho Twinefilled is really dead. I must let grief pass me by.
Nifih Buslonilo, Engraver: Thruni Valleyflies is dead. I must let grief pass me by.
Thrut Ustr tekud, Trapper: Atho Twinefilled is dead. I must let grief pass me by.
Ur Nedorgiki, Miner: How fragile we are... This doesn't scare me.
You bite The Woodcrafter in the fourth toe, right foot from behind, shattering the nail and bruising the fat through the hammerhead shark leather cloak!
You latch on firmly!
Molcet Siminjamas, Gem Cutter: Thruni Valleyflies is dead. I must let grief pass me by

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

Is that order relatively new? :psyduck: I don't ever remember it being a thing.

It's been there for a long-rear end time to prevent idiot dwarves from running outside and getting murdered all the time.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It had magic. One of the first magic spells I tried was to teleport my brain out of my body.

It worked.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

dead horse posted:

A wereass showed up and messed up one of military dwarves pretty bad before going down. The wounded guy got sent to the hospital and the chief medical dwarf arrived to diagnose him just in time for the next full moon so he got torn to shreds. I thought I had him isolated but apparently he got out after turning back to a dwarf and the next full moon he transformed right at my main entrance and killed a dozen dwarves before a mace soldier got a lucky shot on his head. Even though most of my soldiers had been training for the past year and a half most of them were too scared to do anything. People are too busy freaking out over the pile of corpses to bury any of them. Some of the children of the deceased started fighting so I tried to get some justice going but I just keep getting "Captain of the guard cancels Beat Criminal: Experiencing emotional shock" over and over.

e: he got over the shock and beat a tantrum-throwing dwarf to death but now he's horrified by the corpse he just created

See thread title.

Also a werechinchilla sounds adorable.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Verviticus posted:

can you sim n years after retiring a fort? I assume you no longer have to truly abandon the site?

You could just build a tiny fort and play that one for awhile and retire it after a few years to pass the time?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

'Your migrant dwarves have more chance of being a vampire than being homosexual.'

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Man I wish I knew what all these status effects are. Blinking blue ! you are no help!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

But regular DF has autosave as well.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Oh sure, dwarves: throw multiple parties as soon as the caravan shows up. Let's see how long until someone shows up at the trade depot.
Worse yet, it's an elven caravan and the route to the trade depot is directly next to a sprawling lumber yard.

Are elves horrified by chopped wood?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Stopped migrants from retaining certain adv/etc. flags harmful to their integration into the fort (making them 'hostile') Note: those from old saves might take off articles of clothing and store them and other strange things, since the integration could not be made complete easily...

Stopped hyper-obese digesting dwarves from constantly recalculating insulation/mass data (ag)

One of these solves a mystery. The other one just adds more questions. :psydwarf: