Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all

Pound_Coin posted:

What will & won't building destroyers go through? trying to design defences with a drowning chamber.

They can't destroy walls or things they can only access from below (like a forbidden hatch). There are also some weird quirks to diagonals that make them unable to destroy things based on placement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

Is there a way to set up stockpiles for specific ores? I can't find listings for realgar, kimberlite, etc. in the stockpile settings.

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

scamtank posted:

They aren't ores. They're just stones.

I don't know what else to call them, it's the stones that appear in "vein walls" instead of "rock walls". In any case I still can't find where I can allow/forbid them in the stockpile settings, they just don't seem to have an entry.

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

This is what I've got:

Why wouldn't it show all the stones?

e: vv well I feel dumb. I had no idea it was paginating, because of the 6 inches of empty space at the bottom of the list on my screen.

duralict fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 28, 2014

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

I've somehow created a pit that invaders want to go into. There's nothing down there at all and it doesn't lead anywhere, it's just a pit near the entrance, but the goblins keep walking down the access stairs and just standing around at the bottom of it for months, with the corpses of whoever actually falls into it. :confused:

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

So they might be in the hole just because if you ignore the impassable walls its close to your dwarves. If you opened up an actual entrance, no doubt they would all come charging towards it like sharks homing in on a wounded seal.

Nope, there's an unblocked entrance to the fort. But now caravans have started bypassing it too, for no explicable reason (there's an open three-tile-wide path straight into the fort from multiple edges but the Depot Accessibility view green line just stops 2/3 of the way down). I don't know wtf is going on with the pathing in this fort.

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

I just got the starter pack for the new build, and I can't get dfhack to work with it. It just quits instantly when I try to run it separately, and the DFHack tab in the Starter Pack launcher is just a completely blank spreadsheet field. Am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

Check your population cap setting.