Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Man am I not digging deep enough? Do all maps have caverns? Just not finding one so far, what z level do they usually happen at.

Also in attempting to carve a grand entryway I caused a collapse that punched three z levels down and killed four dwarves. I'm not mega worried because I get a flood of migrants and bards are constantly petitioning to join, I may be the only option in the area or something gotta check legends.

I did somehow manage to take out a giant and make crafts from its bones as well. Didn't seem like a very tough one but I'm taking the win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

sullat posted:

Thanks for the tips on tombs. I think for my next fortress I'll just combine the tombs and the bedrooms as a gimmick.

The other slightly janky option I've been doing is just carving out one big room and individually designating each coffin as a tomb. Works as long as there's a door.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Are targets still in the game or do you just throw down a range?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Amazingly only now do I learn that you can pick what statues depict

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Well it SHOULD be downy but I don't actually know.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
you also need to build archery targets, and as I kept forgetting those are just directly built instead of being furniture.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I mean this is Dwarf Fortress, that to me just means he's milking something goddamn impressive.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I had a book written trashing another guy, and the only copy was made by the guy it trashed.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Checks out, that's how much time I spend thinking about my family and friends.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Someone upthread had a bunch of dorms instead of dedicated individual bedrooms and I liked the idea for thematic reasons, but did they assign it as a dorm or assign multiple dwarves to a large bedroom?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Here's the text from the forum about their money:

Mission Status

The fairytale ending is reality, but you didn’t kiss the toad. You gave him money. The appreciation you give us is part of our being now. It carries us in the cars we drive. It sustains us as the food that we eat. There is now no longer any existence except the one that you have provided. When we pass from this world, you will be the reason we are remembered.

"Congratulations to the generous!" -- ThreeToe

Fun with Numbers

So, yeah, all the gears have turned and that's what we got, mostly yesterday ha ha. A little less than half will go to taxes, and we're continuing to pay people and new business expenses and such, so it's not all personal money, but a lot of it is, enough that we've solved the main issues of health/retirement that are troubling for independent people, as well as safeguarded the future of the game well enough that we felt comfortable bringing Putnam on to work with the full code and so forth. Thanks to everybody that helped out!

Going to start off with an arena patch soon, then on to the quality of life improvements.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
They're also extremely aware that's a one time revenue spike and are focusing on things like "buying a house that isn't a shack" and "making sure we have money for poo poo in ten years" and "healthcare"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

This is the bit that people always bring up but the stuff with the ages was just as weird to me imo.

agreed but also "no mans bi" was the rimworld thread title for a while so I always chuckle and remember it