Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Man I already know what I'm doing (to some extent) but I feel I have to completely relearn things, like having to make labors for every single job I want to limit to a single dwarf, where to find things like descriptions of creatures, how to set up hospitals and how to get my chief medical dwarf to actually do his job, etc.

Of course my learning fort ended up being within range of a tower without me noticing so that's fun. New fort time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

JerikTelorian posted:

The new labor management thing threw me at first but now that I understand it (and work orders) I have had a better time playing than I ever did before.

I'm still not sure why they defaulted to 'everyone can do everything except a few things' instead of 'everyone can only do the things they are good at'. Any tips?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

That is Boreivy to you. It is her fortress now.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

TIL you can put small animals on pedestals

Here's my hamster museum.

I agree dwarf, hamsters are rainbows.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nope! Have fun.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Wind Rose is pretty great.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Savage Biomes are for giant capybaras.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I know what it might mean when a migrant has legendary skills, especially multiple legendary skills.

What does it mean when every single migrant you get in a wave is legendary in something, even if it's furnace operating?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

One day I will figure out how cave ins work.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Telsa Cola posted:

Are you trying to figure out how they happen or how their dust explosions work.

The dust explosions, though that was really a roundabout way of me to complain about how a cave in mangled the hand of an unrelated miner that was a z-level above and a couple of squares away the collapsing block. I figured what I was doing would cause a cave in I just didn't think it would hurt people that weren't below it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nessus posted:

How's the motherland doing?

They were the largest dwarf civ on the map, I think. Lots of sites, lots of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

FurtherReading posted:

Oof I forgot about that. Did it also have some weird racial stuff too at one point or am I thinking of some other game? (I'm 99% sure I'm thinking of another game)

Another game, almost certainly. Rimworld only had humans for quite a while and skin color was entirely cosmetic.