Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Lpzie posted:

Just chilling, minding my business when :

Hmm, OK. She also has no weapons, is nude, and water drenched since I channeled the whole map and flooded it with river water (took 5 years to reach 6/7 level).

Whoops, didn't see that coming huh? What now? Are you going to rage, kicking and screaming and biting the bars until they yield? Are you going to swear before your gods to see me dead for destroying the forest? Are you . . .

Oh. Planning the long con huh?

i thought i clicked the Stonewealth LP and was super confused

What is "medium sized"? Like bigger than a human but still "larger"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

my dad posted:

I have to marble at people who talc about wanting simplicity in dwarf fortress - it's a ridiculously complex conglomerate of ideas and factoids by design.

But, let's not be salty about this. Shale we start again with a clean slate instead? Just read the wiki, memorize the few ores that matter, and chalk the rest of them up as junk stone. It's a gneiss, elegant solution.

2016 strikes again

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
So what is the end game of DF? Super adventure sim with outrageous amounts of everything?

Should really check out Adventure mode sometime

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Nice but I meant for what Toady has in mind. Is he just gonna code this until death?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Good game imo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Lmao at a BC civ

Also that's scary

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I love that crazy guy

And toady

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

abrosheen posted:

I actually started removing dining halls once the tavern is up and running. Watching one dwarf eat plump helmet roast alone in the cafeteria while everyone else parties was depressing.

lol

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Checked to make sure I was following and I see a tweet saying from Bay12 it has taken more than a decade to get 43℅ the through the list so far :stare:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

nielsm posted:

Actually the LD was calculated correctly. The problem was that a drop licked off a paw contained the same amount of alcohol as a full keg of beer. He rather made sure to keep track of how much contaminant was being tracked around.

Those poor cats

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Looking forward to a cat getting it's tooth knocked out then being taken engraved and becoming an artifact hundreds of years later that makes cats go ballistic

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Neurion posted:

My sparring dwarves are still somehow teleporting themselves outside of the barracks walls and falling down a few Z-levels onto the side of the mountain. I wouldn't have noticed in the first place if it weren't for the fact that occasionally sparring would result in combat logs (instead of sparring logs) about someone's armor deflecting the force of an unidentified impact. Eventually I observed it actually happening, so I've built a walkway around the outside of the barracks so if it happens again, at least they won't fall several Z levels and risk an unlucky dice roll crushing their skulls.

Nah their just sparring the mountain as a final boss

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I hope the world stays around so we can see what the first "Finished" version is like

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I wonder if toady updating the UI would just as long as it has to get to where we are today with all the game mechanics and whatnots

2165 : Dwarf Fortress leaves beta

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
How many people here do adventure mode? Or is it like "lore mode" that toady is doing like for his own long term?

Is fortress mode really just a passing thought for testing things yet we all love it so goddamn hard that that's the game? currently?

Man imagine when DF is the adventure game king

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
page 420 woo woo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

counterfeitsaint posted:

My worst syndrome, I managed to kill the forgotten beast with exploding vapor or something, and watched everyone closely. They were dizzy for a bit and then seemed to be okay, maybe I got really lucky. After a few months everyone just started falling asleep. Please wake up dorfs. No one woke up. Saddest fort end ever.

:(

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Gonna try some adventure mode tonight.

I see I can be a Saltwater Crocodile Man so this is gonna be the tits

Or terrible idk yet

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
im a dingoman telling really bad stories i dont know poo poo about getting dwarfs to come hang with me on my quest to tell more bad stories

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Been lurking on the DF forums getting my fix reading some story threads.

A lotta cool poo poo on there. There is a fort that has been going for 341 years goddamn

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Archcrystal: the 374 (wtf!) year old fort still going strong currently building a glass tower from hell to the surfave

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=156319.0

Bloodyhells: Part 5 in a series called 'Battlefailed'. Currently a buncha dwarf necromancers being miserable in a husk biome

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157724.0

Those two so far were good to read front to back. I had another one started yesterday but I fell asleep and can't remember which one it was.

E: the thread I fell asleep reading was the adventure thread. That one was ehh. There was one dude who had a long multipost story about his dude Bim which wasn't too bad

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 4, 2017

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

StrangeAeon posted:

Battlefailed series is the official DF forum's Boatmurdered, I think. I keep meaning to read the whole thing and never do; I don't suppose you have links to all five threads?

Here ya go!

First Battlefailed links to a PDF link since the original images are down.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57052.msg6131377#msg6131377

Failcannon aka Part 2

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=64258.0

Hellcannon aka Part 3

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=96005.0

and Battlecannon aka Part 4

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114971.0

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Builds a glass tower through hell to the surface

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Having an image of a dwarf eating at a table and you hear a buncha muffled screaming and footsteps claw scratches and he looks up to see a cheetah chasing the goblin through the ceiling tubes

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Kenning posted:

It is my great dream.

the best bit of DF hopefullness is that it will probably happen

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Fell asleep during Thanksgiving so I couldn't dick around with the new build :(

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
A lot of this game is weird and odd and I am really surprised there hasn't been a "how to do a thing"

But I also get that the game ain't done yet sooooo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Oh no yeah I get that I just meant like a semi-official "how to modify a thing" thing

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Somehow I've gone my whole life without the knowledge to tell if this is a real excerpt.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
so cleave em

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Verviticus posted:

it doesnt start wars :(

Those cowards

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Iymarra posted:

Any interesting / fun (not Fun) land generation text files or additions to the worldgen that folks can link? I know DasTactic the youtuber has their fantasy land with like 200% more volanoes and lava per world gen - anyone got other favourites?

A few? posts up someone had a very cool outlier world and I'm pretty sure they saved it and uploaded for other people to use.

If not I'm sorry I'm on the Awful App so searching for something just isn't something I'm going to do

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Gnoman posted:

My competence drops severely with a tileset, since I can't tell what anything is by sight. That doesn't mean you're wrong. I'll look over the more recent threads to see what they used.

Think going from ASCII to a tileset is ok

I get confused when two three tilesets start getting used with ASCII all being flipped and flopped about with each overseer

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
make the thread I want to me a dorf diot

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Polio Vax Scene posted:

You can ride a ghost horse, but only if you put a saddle on it first.

Your av is tremendous

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
my rat man fell out of a tree so now im learning how to climb so i can bitch at these elves

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Just figured out how to properly set a pasture and watching my starving horses go flying out of the fortress at mach 4 was pretty funny

Im so sorry horses!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
What in the heck do i do about goblets like how do i keep them where people drink and eat

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

How Disgusting posted:

You make a 1-tile storage in your tavern and restrict it to goblets only.

Now i do that before making goblets or after because i tried to make a little storage yard for just goblets in my dining hall. I did also try and transfer my previously made cups to the new spot but couldnt figure that bit out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I am confused to i make my fortress dwarfs dining hall a tavern